Can't wait: Jay Cutler brings his Dad Bod, IDGAF attitude to Miami Thursday

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You really think that’s a lot of money to an NFL team?

Let's face it, it was a desperate move by Miami to save 2017. It was Cutler, Kaepernick or RG3 after Tannehill went down, and I can't see Gase picking either of the latter two. He knows what he's got in Cutler and the club was willing to roll the dice. It's a feast or famine signing, though if it turns out a good signing I still have my doubts how far Cutler can take them. He's a streaky passer and an inner circle guy, not a natural leader, plus we all know how he tends to shrink in big games.

Just ask the Dude.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Let's face it, it was a desperate move by Miami to save 2017. It was Cutler, Kaepernick or RG3 after Tannehill went down, and I can't see Gase picking either of the latter two.
That's not entirely true, 78. Matt Moore is one of the NFL's more capable backups and knows the offense backwards and forwards - they certainly could have gone that route. In fact, he had a QB rating of 105.6 in 3 starts last season.

Personally, I think they have a better chance at winning games with Moore than Cutler. Moore just isn't "sexy" enough.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's not entirely true, 78. Matt Moore is one of the NFL's more capable backups and knows the offense backwards and forwards - they certainly could have gone that route. In fact, he had a QB rating of 105.6 in 3 starts last season.

Personally, I think they have a better chance at winning games with Moore than Cutler. Moore just isn't "sexy" enough.

Matt Moore? No thanks.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Matt Moore? No thanks.
And what exactly makes Jay Cutler better? Not only is he an awful QB, he's a locker room cancer and the fans that don't despise him now certainly will by the end of the year. Including you.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And what exactly makes Jay Cutler better? Not only is he an awful QB, he's a locker room cancer and the fans that don't despise him now certainly will by the end of the year. Including you.

He's still more talented than any QB we've had in 20 years. At least a game will be watchable.

Not a long term solution.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Arm strength and he knows Gase's complicated offense. Matt Moore has a gunslinger mentality and an LDR arm.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Arm strength and he knows Gase's complicated offense. Matt Moore has a gunslinger mentality and an LDR arm.
And yet he's still a better QB than Cutler.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, 21 whole TD passes over an entire season for the 6-10 Bears? I'm blown away!

You were expecting them to pick up Tom Brady in the first week of August?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is going to make Ox ill, but I just have to post it. Cutler actually looking happy at a Fish presser.

FINS0808+CUTLER+CTJ.JPG

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You were expecting them to pick up Tom Brady in the first week of August?
I'm saying his stats with Gase were completely unimpressive. That was your argument, right?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I've already won this argument.
Neither side of the argument is relevant. The Dolphins were/are an 8-8 team with Tannehill, Cutler, or Moore.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Neither side of the argument is relevant. The Dolphins were/are an 8-8 team with Tannehill, Cutler, or Moore.

Until they get better people on defense, I don't disagree.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You know, as much as I don't personally like him, I do kind of respect his approach to the game. He's not a winner by nature and certainly hasn't been given championship type situations throughout his career that would encourage him to become one. But he's got enough talent to get paid handsomely and has apparently done well with the ladies. Kind of recognizes who he is and what he is and isn't capable of. So he kind of just doesn't care or take things too seriously. It comes across as douchey, but why stress out over something that's not going to happen?

"Wanna pay me 10 million to give you a half hearted effort while living it up on SoBeach? Uhh, yeah, sure."

And my wife makes another 15-20 million on endorsements and appearances... got to agree with you Sofla, this works for the Culters too well to pass up for a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.