Captain's Cogitations - Colorado State

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hard to say. The only two I think will blow us out for sure at this point would probably be MSU since its a road game and Georgia probably.

I expect 9-10 wins. But some of them will be really close. I think we get blown out by somebody like LSU. I think MSU will be a close loss.

I think we stomp FSU.

Defend the Swamp

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2018

Noticed JZ at DT as well due to the strong push inside. And beyond the sacks, he provided additional pressure. Good effort overall.

Gatorpastor1975

Sep 9, 2018
After 3 games, I realize that the growth of a better team isn't going to happen game by game. Saturday night showed baby steps. Some plays were stunning. Others made me yell at the poor timing and defense making.
We are just going to have to live with the mantra: 2 steps forward and 3 steps back.
It is what it is. Enjoy the games and tailgating soon it will be over and you'll be stuck waiting for basketball to really get going.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
After 3 games, I realize that the growth of a better team isn't going to happen game by game. Saturday night showed baby steps. Some plays were stunning. Others made tell at the poor
Welcome to the funhouse, Preacher. We can use all the prayer we can get this year with the baby steps........
il_570xN.1060437675_njf4.jpg

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Who was 96? Jefferson? He really added a push on the line.

Stiner was AWFUL. Safety is still a mess.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
An improvement circle jerk against CSU? I might need to rewatch the game and see what I missed o_O

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In all seriousness, in the 1700s, don't you know rookie pirates had to go to boarding school ?

Hey, Mullen, Damien Pierce is our feature RB, who would be the feature RB at any college... yet over 3 games DP has 14 carries,165 yds, 11.6 ypc. Heck, Perrine has 100 yds in 13 carries, 7.6 ypc. Hey gang, that's a running team that doesn't call running plays! -- except for leading in carries = gimbal-legged Franks.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
After 3 games, I realize that the growth of a better team isn't going to happen game by game. Saturday night showed baby steps. Some plays were stunning. Others made me yell at the poor timing and defense making.
We are just going to have to live with the mantra: 2 steps forward and 3 steps back.
It is what it is. Enjoy the games and tailgating soon it will be over and you'll be stuck waiting for basketball to really get going.
I hope you meant 3 steps forward, 2 back, otherwise we're going in the wrong direction.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I watched the SEC Network replay today, and I’m a little confused as to what everyone is saying about missed tackles. There were a couple here and there, but there was a VAST improvement from UK.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What if our improvement curve starts improvement exponentially ? Such that v UT these Gators improve 20%? Followed by 30% - that includes ole 'slogjam' Franks. This weekend we gotta break UT asunder.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I watched the SEC Network replay today, and I’m a little confused as to what everyone is saying about missed tackles. There were a couple here and there, but there was a VAST improvement from UK.
Agree that the defensive front played much better. But the competition was very poor so it's hard to read too much into it. The toothless numbnUTs will be a better measure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator