Captain's Cogitations - Vanderbilt

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I imagine this will be short and sweet, there's not much to dissect after a 56-0 win. :lol:

Great win by our boys yesterday, glad to see us finally play a great game the week after UGA. You could tell they were in the right mindset based on some of the things they were saying in the press all week, and it showed on the field. We had a little bit of a sloppy start, but I never got the feeling we were going through the motions. Trask made the one REALLY bad throw on the first pick, and the second should have been pass interference, but them's the breaks.

Loved seeing our defense pitch another shutout at home. Even though the shutouts have been against terrible teams, it's REALLY hard to pitch one shutout, much less three. We've given up one touchdown at home over five games and I'd love to see us finish that absurd stat off against FSU in a few weeks. Diabate showed us what he's capable of, I just hope he can do that against better competition as he gets older. I was happy for Stiner nabbing a couple picks, he's had a rough season so at least he was able to pad his stats a bit. Same can be said for Krull. I struggle on a weekly basis to figure out what he actually brings to the team outside of leadership, hype, and armbands, but he had a nice downfield catch, so good for him.

That's about it for yesterday. Like I said, what is there to really discuss about such a dominating performance? 8-2 feels good, and we're going to have to exorcise some demons in Columbia West next week. We've never played a good game there, so I'm hoping Mullen and company can keep our guys focused and fired up for an 11 am start.

:chomp:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Going to throw some props for Ethan White. Went out there and got some push and showed a little mean streak out there. A future of he and Garage on one side is a futur I’ll be ok living in.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Going to throw some props for Ethan White. Went out there and got some push and showed a little mean streak out there. A future of he and Garage on one side is a futur I’ll be ok living in.
He is a big strong mofo.

The future should be now. Send Delance to the Arena League already.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Short and sweet, but on point Sas. I was thrilled our Gators came to play and didn't have the "woe is me" attitude after the loss to UGA. 56-0 is how they're supposed to beat the Vandy, Kentucky, Towsen, Clowns of the NCAA and they did it. Now on to Mizzou and hopefully another beat down in revenge for last year's embarrassing performance.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Been waiting for Garage to show his potential. A couple more games and he might earn the correct spelling of his name. Ethan White was a nice surprise.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I think it's been Sas that has argued we need to treat rivalry games differently and be honest with the players about it. The last two weeks demonstrated that reality and duality of a rivalry big game versus the also rans and why you need to psychologically prepare the team differently. This was the student side of the stadium for the opening "Here come the Gators" yesterday (No, it was not wear gray day):

upload_2019-11-10_15-23-39.jpg

The players notice this, but more importantly, they notice and feel the difference for the big games. Jax wasn't like this, neither was Auburn or LSU. You can act like they are all the same. They're not.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It was fun to watch! Here’s to hoping for more of those...I miss the days when I could just chill and enjoy watching the 3rd and 4th quarters and not be on the edge of my seat the entire game.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
It was a late arriving crowd, the student section, while not full, was much more complete than that during the game. Reality - its an early start and it's Vandy.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I imagine this will be short and sweet, there's not much to dissect after a 56-0 win. :lol:

Great win by our boys yesterday, glad to see us finally play a great game the week after UGA. You could tell they were in the right mindset based on some of the things they were saying in the press all week, and it showed on the field. We had a little bit of a sloppy start, but I never got the feeling we were going through the motions. Trask made the one REALLY bad throw on the first pick, and the second should have been pass interference, but them's the breaks.

Loved seeing our defense pitch another shutout at home. Even though the shutouts have been against terrible teams, it's REALLY hard to pitch one shutout, much less three. We've given up one touchdown at home over five games and I'd love to see us finish that absurd stat off against FSU in a few weeks. Diabate showed us what he's capable of, I just hope he can do that against better competition as he gets older. I was happy for Stiner nabbing a couple picks, he's had a rough season so at least he was able to pad his stats a bit. Same can be said for Krull. I struggle on a weekly basis to figure out what he actually brings to the team outside of leadership, hype, and armbands, but he had a nice downfield catch, so good for him.

That's about it for yesterday. Like I said, what is there to really discuss about such a dominating performance? 8-2 feels good, and we're going to have to exorcise some demons in Columbia West next week. We've never played a good game there, so I'm hoping Mullen and company can keep our guys focused and fired up for an 11 am start.

Good stuff, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb