Car Buying Question

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is a 450-hp roadster that can do 0-60 in less than 3.5, maybe quicker. A 1,000-hp version will soon follow after the 2025 intro. It features almost 50/50 weight distribution, precise handling, even better steering and an enormous number of upgrade options.

It's a Porsche at an introductory price of 80k, probably 94k or higher after the factory and dealer get done with their pricing fluff. And it's electric. No exhaust note, no noise, all whoosh.

For simplicity's sake, we'll call it a 100k golf cart.

Would you buy one if money weren't an object?

463fb018352dab82660822c011356581.jpg

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
This is a 450-hp roadster that can do 0-60 in less than 3.5, maybe quicker. A 1,000-hp version will soon follow after the 2025 intro. It features almost 50/50 weight distribution, precise handling, even better steering and an enormous number of upgrade options.

It's a Porsche at an introductory price of 80k, probably 94k or higher after the factory and dealer get done with their pricing fluff. And it's electric. No exhaust note, no noise, all whoosh.

For simplicity's sake, we'll call it a 100k golf cart.

463fb018352dab82660822c011356581.jpg
Nah; half the fun of a car like that is hearing the engine and exhaust note. (Or more importantly having others hear it, causing them to stop, look, and be incredibly jealous.)

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Can you fathom the oversteer in that beotch?

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was wondering just today how many on here would own an EV..... :dunno:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was wondering just today how many on here would own an EV..... :dunno:
If money was no object I probably would. Just because I like some of the styling on some of them. But I'd have a lot of gas guzzling cars too :lol:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nah; half the fun of a car like that is hearing the engine and exhaust note. (Or more importantly having others hear it, causing them to stop, look, and be incredibly jealous.)

Esp while driving with the top down. Who knows? Maybe car companies will do as BMW did with its hybrid I8, which was to pipe in the growl of an engine through cabin speakers.

I know. That's pretty lame.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
If money really wasn't an object, I'd spend double that on one of these..... 2023 ZO6 convertible with a flat plane crank that turns out 670HP and revs to 8800 rpm....all that lovely noise, and being the last generation of the ICE Vettes means probably doubling your investment in 5 years if you keep the miles low...

But I will say that rendering of the Porsche is beautiful and if they actually come to market with it, it would be a steal at 94K....Still though no sound would be a deal breaker for a knuckle dragger like me.....
1682523921327.png

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If money really wasn't an object, I'd spend double that on one of these..... 2023 ZO6 convertible with a flat plane crank that turns out 670HP and revs to 8800 rpm....all that lovely noise, and being the last generation of the ICE Vettes means probably doubling your investment in 5 years if you keep the miles low...

But I will say that rendering of the Porsche is beautiful and if they actually come to market with it, it would be a steal at 94K....Still though no sound would be a deal breaker for a knuckle dragger like me.....
View attachment 56997
I love these mid engine vettes

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There's also an app that will let old f vckers like you play it through their hearing aids....:rotfl:

I used to think hearing aids were for old mothers. Then I got a pair. I was wrong. They're for old dads, too.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Esp while driving with the top down. Who knows? Maybe car companies will do as BMW did with its hybrid I8, which was to pipe in the growl of an engine through cabin speakers.

I know. That's pretty lame.
I think that Chevy started that with the Camaro when it went six cylinder.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

I bought a 2015 Cayman GTS with sport exhaust and rev matching. The car sounded incredible going through the gears. You knew when it was coming. It was that loud.

Too loud. On top of the hyper-aggressive exhaust, the factory bore a hole through the firewall to allow additional engine sound into the cabin. A sound symposer. Holy hell. Whenever the car would reach 2,800 rpm, which was every shift, it resulted in a drone that felt like your brain was buzzing. I found myself constantly flipping the switch on the Sport Chrono from sport exhaust to without.

I tolerated it for five months. It was either the car or my ears. I sold the car.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Ford went the dumbass route in 2015 when the S550 Mustang GT and the new gen 2 Coyote 5.0L. They put a sound tube from the air intake behind the MAF sensor and routed it down through the overstuffed double overhead cam engine bay.....

When I downloaded a tune for an aftermarket cold air intake I found out there was no place to re attach the sound tube to the new cold air intake......The outcome was to either have a 3.5 foot tube dangling around in the engine bay or try to get to a nut that NO F VCKING human on this planet could possibly get to without a lift or at best jackstands and the arms of a Primate.....It took all of about 30 minutes of pulling like a MFer's but I finally got rid of the thing and luckily it broke way down in the engine bay by the floorboard. Car sounded much better inside without all of the mechanical winding and grinding of a DOHC V8 and the acceleration of the bottom of the throttle was very noticeable....I sincerly hope Ford fired the idiot who thought of that but judging from some of the things they've done since they likey promoted him.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
I've been at the track for Celebration Exotics x2, Track Night in America x2, and Driving Experience track day all this month, and still haven't seen a new Z06 Vette.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.