Best Posts in Thread: Car Crash

1. daytonacane

Oxbucks:
    $1,346
    Ratings:
    +1,711 / -43
    Travelers called me this morning & they will be sending me a check for $6,847.47....there was a zero deductible.

• bradgator2

bradgator2 Rioting
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $6,800
      Ratings:
      +14,749 / -122
      Most importantly... glad everyone is ok.

Secondly... these freaking insurance companies will do everything in their power to screw you on this. Nearly all of them can rot in hell.

#2 bradgator2, May 26, 2020
      Last edited: May 26, 2020
      • Albert

Albert Enormous Member

Oxbucks:
        $937
        Ratings:
        +1,210 / -29
        I am an insurance agent( Not Travelers). As far as the rate-up goes, the first thing they are going to want to know is if your grandson lives with you. If he doesn’t, you might not see much of a rate up as he is not in your household, especially if the payout is sub 5k.
        He very well might see a rate up on his own policy. Rate-ups tend to stick to the operator’s driving record, to keep those with bad records from jumping from company to company.
        Each state has different regulations as do different companies, and the outcome may be different than what I think, but I wouldn’t worry on this just yet, especially if no one was injured.

• daytonacane

Oxbucks:
          $1,346
          Ratings:
          +1,711 / -43
          I haven's heard from the adjustor yet, but I think somewhere between $5,500 - $6,200 range. I will let you guys know when I hear from the adjustor. So far, so good. Travelers immediately got in touch and gave me a reservation number for a rental & told me to get in touch if I needed anything else or had questions. Oh well, just another bump in the rocky road of life.

• daytonacane

Oxbucks:
            $1,346
            Ratings:
            +1,711 / -43
            Actually w/Travelers, you initially have a deductible but for each year without an accident and, I think, infraction, it reduces the deductible by $100; therefore, that is how I ended up w/zero deductible.
            I do have an umbrella for further protection of assets. I met with my elder law attorney who advised that my homestead and IRA are protected but not my Bradford Co. property, annunities, money market, etc. I am going to be making some adjustments in order to protect the larger of these assets.

• Concrete Helmet

Concrete Helmet Hook, Line, and Sinker
              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $8,662
              Ratings:
              +14,178 / -1,036
              This X 1,000. My wife doesn't understand this concept and we argue everytime my stepdaughter or step son wants to borrow my Tundra to move something. Their PIP covers them for THEIR injuries NOT the other driver and since neither still live with us I don't think their insurance covers any damage bodily or otherwise. In Florida you can be sued to the sky.
              Oh and don't think sh!t won't happen just because "it's just a quick trip to the store"....I always felt that way until 2.5 years ago when I took our company car to 7-11 to get a bag of ice for the office. The store was only quarter mile down the street and on the way back was involved in a fatal wreck when the other driver pulled across the center lane and hit me head on. They died and I sweated bullets thinking I or our company would get sued somehow by a surviving family member. Fortunately for me there were 2 witnesses and clear evidence I wasn't at fault. Sh!t happens....

• Alumni Guy

Alumni Guy Newbie
                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                $2,649
                Ratings:
                +3,776 / -204
                Your lucky no injuries. In Florida, if you let someone use your car, you are co-liable for any damages incurred while they use it.

had that baby been hurt, so would you.

I never lend my car to anyone, insured or not.

The Box

Help

You don't have the necessary permissions to use the chat.

• About Us

Our community sprung up when the Gatorsports message board was shut down in the summer of 2014. We pride ourselves on offering Gator-biased, yet critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is the best Gator message board you will find.
                • Like us on Facebook

• Buy us a Zima!

The management works very hard to make sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a non-alcoholic Zima? We'd really appreciate it! Just click the "Donate" tab at the top of the page.