Car Thread

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
We also had an ugly assed Fairmont with straight 6... pine green with puke tan/orangish interior. At one point, we had an old AMC Ambassador that had been a mail car... no backseat, no seatbelts... it was like a playground back there!

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
29867030001_large.jpg

Nice ride, DG!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We also had an ugly assed Fairmont with straight 6... pine green with puke tan/orangish interior. At one point, we had an old AMC Ambassador that had been a mail car... no backseat, no seatbelts... it was like a playground back there!
There was something aboutnthe amounts of marihuana and other drugs consumed innthe 60s that made people think orange and pine green were a nice combo.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There was something aboutnthe amounts of marihuana and other drugs consumed innthe 60s that made people think orange and pine green were a nice combo.
The big ugly in the '60s was harvest gold and avocado green.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Never been a Corvette with a 4. Only time they ever had a 6 was the first two years, ‘53 and ‘54 I believe.
If and when GM offers a midengine version, which is probably inevitable, I can see a turbo 6.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, they’ll probably have an Ecoboost equivalent
You can tune the crap out of turbo 6. It wouldn't be far fetched to imagine 450-500hp. Better fuel mileage, too. But not as growly as an 8.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Remember the old Buick Grand National ? It was a turbo V-6 that was bad
Yea I do. I wanna say GM had a couple turbo 6s back in the day.

Here's a more modern twin turbo 6 capable of 0-60 in 2.4 sec and 211 mph top end, a recent world record time of 47.3 seconds around the Nurburgring. Insanely fast.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Me neither. My second car was a '73 Pinto hatch. White with green trim. Explodable rear end standard.
Good Lord, there was another guy who suffered my same fate! Mine was a '72, pale yellow with (ripped) brown interior. About like this, but with a vinyl top...

images

You were the man if you could get a female to risk death and go for a ride in this death trap.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Good Lord, there was another guy who suffered my same fate! Mine was a '72, pale yellow with (ripped) brown interior. About like this, but with a vinyl top...

images

You were the man if you could get a female to risk death and go for a ride in this death trap.
I can almost see the explodo tank!!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Me neither. My second car was a '73 Pinto hatch. White with green trim. Explodable rear end standard.
My Dad bought my older sister a brand new Pinto, I believe it was a 77 or 78.....Holy cow that thing had to be the biggest POS ever known to mankind....I still remember my sister coming home stoned as hell and forgetting to set the emergency brake. That POS literally rolled down the driveway, across the street and into the middle of our neighbors yard at least a half dozen times.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
The first car I purchased directly for myself (I used to get hand me downs) was an 86 Lebaron GTS Turbo. Only 146 HP but it was fun to drive. One of my friends had a Vett when I was a lot younger, I used to park my junker beside him to protect it. Not my car but similar. This one does not appear to be turbo charged. They were not that popular. I do wish I could have it restored instead of donating it to the local school for car mechanics.

1986_chrysler_le_baron-pic-57869-640x480.jpeg

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

It was the first car I purchased for myself, I kept it far longer than most would even after I got a different new car.

I probably would buy one fully restored for a reasonable price. Unusual for me to be emotional about a car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator