Car Thread

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I know youre a Muatang guy. Id give your left nut for a 64.5 or 65, but not particularly interested in any of the modern ones, as advanced as they are.
Not so much a Mustang guy as a car guy. Mustangs offer an inexpensive way for someone to have a car that is easily personalized and starts off with a decent bit of power and sportiness. The sky is the limit to what you can do with them and yet you don't need to feel like you're bastardizing something really nice(exotic or collector)and it's not the end of the world if you wreck it or blow it up.....fairly inexpensive to maintain.

But there are dozens of other cars I would own and drive for other reasons. Any Toyota for reliability(wish they made a pony sized car with a V8). I love my Tundra and wouldn't trade it for anything to drive on a daily basis but honestly to me trucks are more for function than fun...
If I could have anything to drive on the weekends it would be one of these.
2880-1800-crop-ac-cobra-superformance-427-c425515032018192344_1.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Tundra is nice. I was actually looking at a slightly used Sequoia to replace my very used Pilot. Prices are incredible right now. Function is fun for me.

I guess I've just driven fast enough in my life and seen the results of driving fast (or driving drunk or driving distracted) enough that it's not my thing anymore, if it ever was.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Tundra is nice. I was actually looking at a slightly used Sequoia to replace my very used Pilot. Prices are incredible right now.

I guess I've just driven fast enough in my life and seen the results of driving fast (or driving drunk or driving distracted) enough that it's not my thing anymore, if it ever was.
I’m not into driving fast, either. At least not more than about 10mph over the speed limit.
Love my Tundra. Great truck.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. I love my Tundra and wouldn't trade it for anything to drive on a daily basis but honestly to me trucks are more for function than fun...
Well, in a way they are all about pretending.

It is fun to drive a car that COULD go 160mph, but you can't. Pretending you are going really fast. It's fun to feel like you could, right?

1.jpg

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Or you drive a car that COULD go race the baja or on an expedition, even if you are stuck on asphalt. But you FEEL like you COULD, right?
EXP%2525201__23138.1515525920.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Or feel like you could drive in a mud bog.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Or tow 15,000 pounds, even if you don't have a tow hauler or any toys.

2018_ford_f-350-super-duty_crew-cab-pickup_king-ranch_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Or go spend a week at a music festival with a bunch of hippy girls.

tHZHMcNUD-uvMAQYi8izM8JOOnSCoSI_wHMZHXIiwNRqax5LoQn2ikwt0nGRHgmNI5Msojl0sFBiTuYofY_DPKEtOoL6bRUEKCAH0rPSGldTsEb52XPi

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
It is fun to drive a car that COULD go 160mph, but you can't. Pretending you are going really fast. It's fun to feel like you could, right?
Yup....in fact the more I'm around cars the more I'm becoming convinced the funnest ones to drive are the ones that let you feel the driving experience without pushing you to stupidity...
Personally I like a car that has a lot of balls down low and pulls like a MFer through the mid range....I don't play with other peoples lives or their property but I do enjoy going out to the access roads near my house and the airport and blistering the bejesus out of my rear tires through 2nd and 3rd gear when no ones around.... however I'm out of it a few seconds after it hooks up because the thought of ending up in jail, killing myself or someone else for kicks turns my stomach..

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Not so much a Mustang guy as a car guy. Mustangs offer an inexpensive way for someone to have a car that is easily personalized and starts off with a decent bit of power and sportiness. The sky is the limit to what you can do with them and yet you don't need to feel like you're bastardizing something really nice(exotic or collector)and it's not the end of the world if you wreck it or blow it up.....fairly inexpensive to maintain.

But there are dozens of other cars I would own and drive for other reasons. Any Toyota for reliability(wish they made a pony sized car with a V8). I love my Tundra and wouldn't trade it for anything to drive on a daily basis but honestly to me trucks are more for function than fun...
If I could have anything to drive on the weekends it would be one of these.
2880-1800-crop-ac-cobra-superformance-427-c425515032018192344_1.jpg
Have you ever driven one? I had an opportunity to drive a Superformance a few years back. t's like driving a go-kart with a V8, a lot of fun. But it was pretty uncomfortable, especially the heat from the engine that radiates into the cockpit. I had a couple Ferraris and they were hard to drive in the summer, even with marginal AC, because of the heat.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
I’m not into driving fast, either. At least not more than about 10mph over the speed limit.
Love my Tundra. Great truck.
I am on my 3rd 5th gen 4Runner. I traded my 2nd in couple months ago. Love the new dash and navi screen.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Have you ever driven one? I had an opportunity to drive a Superformance a few years back. t's like driving a go-kart with a V8, a lot of fun. But it was pretty uncomfortable, especially the heat from the engine that radiates into the cockpit. I had a couple Ferraris and they were hard to drive in the summer, even with marginal AC, because of the heat.
I'd give my left nut to drive one....Yes I'm aware of the characteristics of the Cobra as I have spent 20 years drooling all over every one that i have seen and I have sat in the drivers seat of one that had an uncomfortable footbox. I'm 6'3" but I've been told both Backdraft and Superformance are actually a couple inches longer to better facilitate the cockpit and overall balance of the car. The newer ones have BMW rear ends and independent suspension as well improving the quality of the ride.....

I'm not the type of guy who takes my cars on extended trips, just local cars and coffee, quick trips to the store on weekends and mostly just washing and detailing in my driveway while I drink beer and admire them. I do drive my current car, a 700hp 2009 Shelby GT500 back and forth to the office a couple times a week but that's only a 14 mile round trip(it's 11 years old and only has 25k miles).

I agree about summer though even though the Shelby has ice cold air. The oppressive heat and humidity and the rain kinda take the fun out of it for me and my Shelby gets heat soak(supercharger) after a while of good spirited driving.

What is your current ride?

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
What is your current ride?

Just my 2020 4Runner Limited 4WD. My second Ferrari won some honors in a couple shows, one national and one regional and skyrocketed in value. I've been around long enough to know when to sell so I tripled my money on it. I'm a longtime mod over on Ferrarichat.

If I could have anything, it would be a 550. With the economy about to get messy I have been thinking the time will be right to pick one up. If not that car, maybe an Alfa 4C. I was looking seriously at them when my dealer called about the new 4Runner. Other than that I am not sure. Definitely something new with good AC. Too hot in South FL. My Ferraris literally sat unused for 6 months.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Traded in my 08 tundra for a 2020 sierra last month. Love the thing.
did the queer come with it?

my brother has a GMC with a lot of miles on it now. He's got a long commute. he had some issues at first with some electrical components of some sort I forget kept making it go into limp mode.

once they figured out that out, it has been pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb