Car Thread

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Sounds like a Chevy Volt.
According to the driver the "spooling" at launch is awesomely eerie(the Cobra Jet E actually uses a conventional transmission with straight cut gears I believe)....on another note the one off "Mustang Mach E prototype has a built in sound production that plays out through speakers in the rear valence and you can choose a sound even from internal combustion engines like a V10 Italian supercar or even Murica V8 cammed lope chop...or a pack of wild horses

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
prototype has a built in sound production that plays out through speakers in the rear valence and you can choose a sound even from internal combustion engines like a V10 Italian supercar or even Murica V8 cammed lope chop...or a pack of wild horses

coming soon to a Riceboy car near you

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Car thread. Good place for my posts. I hung out with the Outlaws again Friday night. 800+ hp and 1400lbs including the driver. My favorite type of car in the world. I enjoyed it more because it was just added to the schedule two weeks ago because of bad weather up north. The feature race was mad fast, the winner started P10.

157685358_4033918439951546_5148214641683876304_n.jpg

Next weekend is Festival of Speed at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes Resort. Its a top notch car show.
Ritz-Carlton Orlando - Festivals of Speed

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
According to the driver the "spooling" at launch is awesomely eerie(the Cobra Jet E actually uses a conventional transmission with straight cut gears I believe)....on another note the one off "Mustang Mach E prototype has a built in sound production that plays out through speakers in the rear valence and you can choose a sound even from internal combustion engines like a V10 Italian supercar or even Murica V8 cammed lope chop...or a pack of wild horses

Here's a closer look-skip ahead to about 2:20 and you begin to get a look at the mechanical stuff

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Celebration Exotic Car Festival April 9-13, 2021 - Celebration Exotic Car Festival

Downtown Celebration having a car show this Sat April 10 from 8am-4pm. Pagani is the featured brand, there will be a handful of them on the Concourse. Also some cool movie cars on the list.
Cannonball Run Lamborghini Countach
Ferris Bueller Ferrari 250GT California
Plymouth Fury from Christine

I remember the Countach from Cannonball Run. Ron Rice of Hawaiian Tropic owned it way before they made the movie.
The Saturday Concourse car show is free, there might be a donation box for proceeds to Make-A-Wish, Special Olympics, or Arnold Palmer Children’s Hospital. Some participants have two days of track laps at Daytona Intl Speedway. Monday & Tuesday April 12-13.

Also on the 10th is ChampCar 14 Hour Enduro at Daytona. It will be streamed live.
https://www.youtube.com/c/ChampCarEnduranceSeries/featured
120 cars entered.
ChampCar Endurance Series

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Downtown Celebration having a car show this Sat April 10 from 8am-4pm. Pagani is the featured brand, there will be a handful of them on the Concourse. Also some cool movie cars on the list.
Cannonball Run Lamborghini Countach
Ferris Bueller Ferrari 250GT California
Plymouth Fury from Christine

I remember the Countach from Cannonball Run. Ron Rice of Hawaiian Tropic owned it way before they made the movie.
The Saturday Concourse car show is free, there might be a donation box for proceeds to Make-A-Wish, Special Olympics, or Arnold Palmer Children’s Hospital. Some participants have two days of track laps at Daytona Intl Speedway. Monday & Tuesday April 12-13.
Meh....no mention of Carroll F'n Shelby means a no go for me...

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Shelby is a legend.
51214004-3.jpg

Shelby drives a 4.9 liter Ferrari next to Marvin Panch's Battlebird at the 1957 New Smyrna Beach Airport Races in Florida.

We had 'the big one' on pit road yesterday. Severe storm was coming, so the race was red flagged. Winds arrived and it was canopy carnage time. Crews cleaned up with a sawzall and loaded 7 or 8 pickup loads of wrecked shelter frames. The bizarre part is that it never rained, just wet all around us.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Show cars, exotics, hot rods and race cars are all fine and dandy but there is one thing the good old daily is better suited for..
giphy.gif

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not a huge Ford fan but this thing hooks up as good as any I've ever seen. Runs consistent 9s @ 140+ in this. Note the 289 badges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.