Car Thread

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Breaking news - Chip Ganassi is selling his Nascar operation at the end of this season, to Justin Marks and 'Pitbull' of Trackhouse Racing, which was just formed a year ago. They will keep Daniel Suarez and choose their second driver later.
Chip said he wasn't planning on selling but Justin approached him with an offer, less than two months ago.

Its crazy how Nascar 'charter' franchises are all of a sudden coveted and valuable. Matt Kaulig just bought two charters last week, rumored to be between $5-10 million each.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Love it. Always loved the CTS-V. And god bless them for offering a manual transmission too.
I am glad to see someone keeping this thread alive as I was just about to post in here about the new Borla exhaust I just received for my 18 GT PP Mustang. It replaces the original factory active exhaust which was great but stopped working. Since I'm taking the car to my tuner I'm also going to have him drop an E85 tune on it. The 18 and up Coyote's already have plenty of injector to handle the corn fuel...will post video when I get it back.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Some accidents are just mechanical failure, like a right rear tire exploding. This was at Daytona last weekend. Close call for the Nissan.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Some accidents are just mechanical failure, like a right rear tire exploding. This was at Daytona last weekend. Close call for the Nissan.

What kind of Nissan is that?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
2005 350z
Right. Whatever.

I remember when (EDIT: nascar) racecars were actual racing models of a car actually produced by the company, but I guess that went away around the time Ferd was killing everyone with the aero Tbird.

Last edited:

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
I don't even try to keep up with car classes and groups because there are so many. We had everything from street stock VW and Mustangs to IMSA Prototypes last weekend. Track night in America is anything goes, mostly showroom stock, no helmet or gloves required. There are 'passing zones' and 'point by' restrictions for some groups and sessions.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My experience is quite limited. almost no interest, basically NASCAR and Indy just because they're on TV sometimes and I glance at them in passing from time to time.

Last edited:

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Lots going on at Monterey this week. Pebble Beach Concours, Historic cars, race cars, ...

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
NASA Championships - National Auto Sport Association

Next weekend at Daytona we have a new event, national championships in the NASA (National Auto Sport Association) series. You can click ''event ticket'' in the link and print a free infield admission. Parking passes cost $20. but I think that covers the full weekend. Thurs is a test day, Fri/Sat is practice/qualifying/qualifying races. Sunday is Championship races. On track action will be from 8-5 each day.
These races will also be live streamed Sat/Sun. Check the link for details.

Last edited:

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Weather was good last weekend, great event with little rain delays. Well over 300 cars of all types. 60+ spec miatas, a few dozen very nice Mustangs, a handful of IMSA Prototypes, almost twenty Porsche 944 cars in one class in a race with other classes. Fun times.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
I spent last wknd w/ Porsche Club of America. Saw a hot new 2020 Ford GT Mk ll unrestricted by IMSA rules, its a $1.2 million car. Very fast laps.

Tomorrow begins Historic Sportscar Racing Classic 24 Hours.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
340598_267297633341841_545769622_o.jpg

This Daytona Prototype Corvette is ....no more. :(
Wed. this week at HSR it popped a right rear going at least 180 in the trioval. I saw the whole thing, flagging turn 1 infield. He tumbled by me. He's mostly ok from it, he walked into the rescue vehicle. It was an ugly wreck. Tires ain't pretty sometimes. Driver's family built the track!

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Plenty of cool cars in Daytona next week.
https://turkeyrun.com/

Sebring this wknd. is Creventic 24 Hr Series *if the ship full of cars arrives early Friday. *true story

Nov. 26-27 is Ormond Beach Gaslight Parade & Show of antique cars lined up by decade in a rolling show parade of cars from 1910s to 1996. No modified custom hot rods in the Gaslight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator