Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I hope he had track day insurance

296966535_1108523130063205_3940705228925170550_n.jpg
Looks like a new C8?

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
It was still almost brand new. Rear is the same, car spun and hit the wall a few times. I could say the race track had nothing to do with it. This was all driver vs car.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
It was still almost brand new. Rear is the same, car spun and hit the wall a few times. I could say the race track had nothing to do with it. This was all driver vs car.
How does a mid engine car spin.....nevermind it looks like you're right....driver error.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was driving your mom last night....and I wrecked her too.....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
That's interesting. I didn't wreck your wife last night, but she is walking like she just got off a horse for a reason. :grin:

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
There should be a rule that battery powered "cars" are NOT in this thread. We can, however, start a new "golf-cart" thread if anybody wants to.

Not only are they soul-less and without character but they'll be the ruin of this very industry and of this world. You talk about "big-brother" control, that's how they'll get you as you wait for an OS update or for the charging station to either be available or to even be turned on.

And the holes that are being dug in this Earth just to extract the precious metals needed to make a battery will ruin that area forever. Not to mention the sites being used to dump unused/bad batteries OR the extremely deprecated value of a $60-thousand dollar vehicle once its battery goes bad in less than 10 years. And if you live in Florida, you better hope your battery car doesn't ever see water higher than the door sill.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There should be a rule that battery powered "cars" are NOT in this thread. We can, however, start a new "golf-cart" thread if anybody wants to.

Not only are they soul-less and without character but they'll be the ruin of this very industry and of this world. You talk about "big-brother" control, that's how they'll get you as you wait for an OS update or for the charging station to either be available or to even be turned on.

And the holes that are being dug in this Earth just to extract the precious metals needed to make a battery will ruin that area forever. Not to mention the sites being used to dump unused/bad batteries OR the extremely deprecated value of a $60-thousand dollar vehicle once its battery goes bad in less than 10 years. And if you live in Florida, you better hope your battery car doesn't ever see water higher than the door sill.
Can EVs be used as weapons of war?

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
I hate the dentist drill sound of electric cars. Teslas are not too bad, but I still don't care for them. I see plenty of them doing laps at Daytona for 'track days'. The pro hybrids have led color lights and flashing codes if they wreck that signal safety rescue crews of electrical danger.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I hate the dentist drill sound of electric cars. Teslas are not too bad, but I still don't care for them. I see plenty of them doing laps at Daytona for 'track days'. The pro hybrids have led color lights and flashing codes if they wreck that signal safety rescue crews of electrical danger.
Racing? With electrical cars? They can do that withOUT a driver. :rolleyes3:

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Last week I watched Blake Fuller do several lap sessions in his juiced up Tesla. I was thoroughly unimpressed with the electric car.
A car that did impress me was a Mercedes AMG Black Series.
This week is Historic Sportscar Racing Classic 24 Hours at Daytona. The modern cars just don't growl like these machines do.
313298065_10159408509240000_7633757556091521011_n.jpg

313430544_10159408505870000_6734218184283113788_n.jpg

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Last week I watched Blake Fuller do several lap sessions in his juiced up Tesla. I was thoroughly unimpressed with the electric car.
A car that did impress me was a Mercedes AMG Black Series.
This week is Historic Sportscar Racing Classic 24 Hours at Daytona. The modern cars just don't growl like these machines do.
Which is why I'll drive my 6.2L Raptor as long as it will roll... the day they started actually clandestinely feeding "engine growl" over the stereo speakers was a sad, sad, day. I don't care if a 3.5L TT Ecoboost has more hp/torque than my 6.2... I just.... don't... care! :lol:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Which is why I'll drive my 6.2L Raptor as long as it will roll... the day they started actually clandestinely feeding "engine growl" over the stereo speakers was a sad, sad, day. I don't care if a 3.5L TT Ecoboost has more hp/torque than my 6.2... I just.... don't... care! :lol:
Hey Buddy good news the new Raptor R will feature the 5.2 Predator motor(same as the new GT500 but detuned to only 700HP.....Now get off that wallet old man...MSRP $110,000 plus probably 30-50K dealer mark ups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.