Car Thread

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Decided to take the GT500 out for a rip yesterday since I haven't been driving her much lately. Forgot all about how bad hi performance sticky tires behave when the temp drops below 60 degrees. 1st and 2nd and well into 3rd are a spinfest in these conditions when trying to do any hard pulls. Oh well the parking lot at work is always fun for a few decent burnouts....

Still can't believe I've had this car for going on 7 years. Sadly she's just to turn about 30K on the odometer which bums me out a little. I decided to get her a birthday present for the big 3-O. Got her the Shelby Qball style shifter to replace the stock one which I loved but was falling apart. I had also forgotten the car had an aftermarket short throw shifter installed by the original owner and of course neither of the 2 shift boot retainers fit the threads on the shifter. Luckily one of the adapters for the shift knob threads fit and I was able to make it work by using a jam nut instead. Not quite as nice looking as with the boot retainer in place but I can live with it and it adds a little touch to the inferior of the car.

Now I just need to finish up the Cadillac project I started a month ago...

View attachment 53547 View attachment 53551 View attachment 53552
congrats on not wrecking this one :clap:

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
My January was fun. SCCA at Homestead, SCCA at Sebring, then two weekends in Daytona w/ IMSA. No bad wrecks, lots of great weather.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Garage 56 car was on display at the Rolex24. Hendrick announced the drivers, Jimmie Johnson, Mike Rockenfeller, and Jensen Button for Le Mans. They tested for two days last week at Daytona. You could easily hear it five miles away.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Travis Pastrana is racing a dirt modified at Volusia all week, and will try to make the Daytona 500 next week.
SCCA is at Sebring this weekend.
I'll be at SuperMotoCross in Tampa.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Gulf circa 1987 with my brand new J10 pickup truck. It was the last year they made the full size pickup truck.

Sold it in 92' and I kick myself everytime I think about it.

image000000.jpg

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
1970 Mazda Cosmo Sport. This rare piece rolling of art was unveiled in Orlando this month.

mazdacosmosport1970.jpg

mazdaCosmoSport1.jpg

mazdacosmosport3.jpg

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Fr1DFxzX0AA4Ryd.jpeg

Ford Mustang GT3 Breaks Cover in Sebring Test – Sportscar365

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online