Cardinals talking to Kirby Shart?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't laugh to much about who Kirby's replacement would be. We haven't exactly hit it out of the park either.
Yes of course, we can't poke at anyone else's misfortune in the entire country because of the state of our own program. GTFO of here. Try and have a little fun.

I'll laugh my ass off if he leaves.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
ox is trolling again, no surprise there.

forget about shart, he aint going anywhere. who yall should be thinking about is heupel bc unless venebles has a major turnaround this year, its heupel whos gonna be leaving for the OU job. and we can all find some comedy and satisfaction in that :lol:

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
You guys realize how much swankier and easier it is in the NFL with no recruiting? I can see why a guy would want to leave, especially after he's already accomplished his goals in the trophy case. It would be millions more a year as well.

He's gone.

He isn't a great coach, he is a great recruiter. He is an ok coach. He has a large staff. He makes 10 million a year at UGA. I think he coached into his mid 50s and retires.

Some guys are college coaches. Like Myer and Spurrier.

Time will tell.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Smart is gone. Too bad. I think Muschamp is who they would replace him with.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He isn't a great coach, he is a great recruiter. He is an ok coach. He has a large staff. He makes 10 million a year at UGA. I think he coached into his mid 50s and retires.

Some guys are college coaches. Like Myer and Spurrier.

Time will tell.
Many super successful college coaches give the NFL a shot. Like Meyer and Spurrier. It may not be this year, but I think he goes to the NFL at some point. He'll probably continue to get offers every year. Eventually, he'll get one that's too good to refuse.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
With the transfer portal and fighting nil battles. I expect alot of coaches to bounce to the nfl

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Shart can make the same money at UGly, with huge advantages and be loved. He may not be a great overall HC, but he sure is a great recruiter and he is a great defensive coach. And it is not easy being a great defensive coach in the modern day college football.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Shart can make the same money at UGly, with huge advantages and be loved. He may not be a great overall HC, but he sure is a great recruiter and he is a great defensive coach. And it is not easy being a great defensive coach in the modern day college football.
You dummies keep saying the same thing. NFL coaches make more money.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll stand corrected if he were to eventually make the jump to the NFL as a HC, but he had a stint with Saban at Miami that was not very successful. It’s arguable that the time to leave and explore other ventures is when you are at the top of the game and like it or not, that’s exactly where Kirby is right now. But I’d be surprised if he does jump. He’s got a young family and Athens/Oconee Co. is home base. I’d be surprised if he were to uproot and move across the country. Maybe sometime in the future.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Until he makes a jump it will be used to up his salary at UGAly. Don't see him leaving now, perhaps in a few years.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I’ll stand corrected if he were to eventually make the jump to the NFL as a HC, but he had a stint with Saban at Miami that was not very successful. It’s arguable that the time to leave and explore other ventures is when you are at the top of the game and like it or not, that’s exactly where Kirby is right now. But I’d be surprised if he does jump. He’s got a young family and Athens/Oconee Co. is home base. I’d be surprised if he were to uproot and move across the country. Maybe sometime in the future.
Athens is a cesspool full of drug dealers and pedophiles. He would be a fool not to leave for safe and sunny Phoenix, Arizona. - Ox

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It would take a big pay check and the right circumstance. Like the Falcons, who aren't exactly lighting it up under Arthur Smith.

When will the day come where other fans eagerly anticipate the chance of our coach leaving? They're all out there openly rooting for him to stay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.