Cardinals talking to Kirby Shart?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You guys aren't looking at what is about to happen to the market for big NFL coaching hires. It would take $15 million per year to lure a big college coach out, and that's what they will pay. Sean Payton is about to get back into NFL coaching, and he's going to get at least $15 mil per year. Harbaugh could be looking at a similar payday.

The NFL salary cap does not pertain to coaches - NFL owners can pay them whatever they wish.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You guys aren't looking at what is about to happen to the market for big NFL coaching hires. It would take $15 million per year to lure a big college coach out, and that's what they will pay. Sean Payton is about to get back into NFL coaching, and he's going to get at least $15 mil per year. Harbaugh could be looking at a similar payday.

The NFL salary cap does not pertain to coaches - NFL owners can pay them whatever they wish.
Not only is recruiting becoming more of a pain in the ass. It's year round. What does an NFL coach have to do in the off season? Watch a little film? Shcit, it's way less hours. I guarantee you that if a NFL team really wanted kirby and was willing to pay, he'd bounce.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
On another note-
Harbaugh interviewed with Denver but did it by Zoom.
Payton interviewing Tuesday but Denver will have to pay at least $20m plus draft picks. Given what they had to give to get Wilson, it would be roster suicide.
Raheem Morris and David Shaw are next -
I’ve even heard that Dan Quinn is also a fallback.
But Harbaugh and Payton are the two favorites.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Ego would be the only reason.
Yes - and not a negative aspect of it. Do you want to run the same track another 20 years or test yourself against the highest level? Especially if/when he does suffer some erosion through staff turnover and all the other elements so hard to maintain to stay at the top.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
On another note-
Harbaugh interviewed with Denver but did it by Zoom.
Payton interviewing Tuesday but Denver will have to pay at least $20m plus draft picks. Given what they had to give to get Wilson, it would be roster suicide.
Raheem Morris and David Shaw are next -
I’ve even heard that Dan Quinn is also a fallback.
But Harbaugh and Payton are the two favorites.
Quinn is a great coach. But don’t take it unless you have an elite QB and A+ organization.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.