Carlos Alvarez Hall of Fame post in its entirety

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think I ever paid much attention to that thread. For whatever reason it didn't interest me. I was more interested in ripping on Sid.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kinda cool to see names I recognize, like '46. When was that thread?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
BNA's gonna love this. He's been talking about the Alvarez thread for years.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I was home just before returning to Memphis for Dental School Graduation. In Father-son togetherness,
I was watching whatever college game was on national TV, but listening to UF-Houston on radio. So I knew
what was going on. Still it gave me great pride when that national TV announcer burst forth with : "What in
the world is going on in Houston." We were past 50 in the score and Houston was highly regarded while UF
was a bunch o' no-name sophs. Great team then.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Lagoon, what is there to dislike about my post ? I'm baffled.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Muncie-Nole was prominent in the Alvarez thread. For example, was strong in authenticating the poster Alvarez as the real, genuine Carlos Alvarez. Both of them were one-of-a-kind people. (In different ways, of course.)

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I was home just before returning to Memphis for Dental School Graduation. In Father-son togetherness,
I was watching whatever college game was on national TV, but listening to UF-Houston on radio. So I knew
what was going on. Still it gave me great pride when that national TV announcer burst forth with : "What in
the world is going on in Houston." We were past 50 in the score and Houston was highly regarded while UF
was a bunch o' no-name sophs. Great team then.
I was at the game. Selling sucker bait. I told my buddy we would get rich as all the Texas oil millionaires were coming. The damn score board was like a pin ball machine that day.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
GatorJ is now my favorite poster. I almost forgot about Carlos showing up. He answered a few of my questions in there (I was gatorpe). The man was a legend. Aaron or Romney or Ox, IF YOU HAVE any sense you will read what a gator legend had to say about some real gator history. He did point out how Urban reached out to former players and was a great coach. I wonder if he ever wrote a book. I will have to search. Thanks GatorJ. Carlos was the real deal.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Could we find the Muncie Nole tribute thread?

Alex.

Nautigator

Founding Member
Level 11.5 Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Best post ever. He was my favorite player. The "Cuban Comet" I at first wondered if it was him or a prank. I was hoping he would keep on posting. I really hope he writes a book.
I was a split end in High School and choose his number to wear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator