Cash alternatives

Discussion in 'Business, Investing & Finance' started by Concrete Helmet, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Detroitgator

Detroitgator Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $13,022
    Ratings:
    +21,096 / -154
    I have a friend in Nevada feeding me nightmare stories about people basically squatting and you can't sell your property if you want to... it's a mess out there.

2. Alumni Guy

Alumni Guy Newbie
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,597
    Ratings:
    +3,664 / -203
    I’ve handled a few eviction cases during the pandemic. (Not a lot, I can count on 1 hand).

There’s a bit of a loophole. Evictions are only stayed if Landlord is trying to evict for lack of payment. If you can get tenet on nonmonetary breach (failure to maintain premises, pets, etc) you can still evict.

• Concrete Helmet

Concrete Helmet Hook, Line, and Sinker
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $8,571
      Ratings:
      +13,964 / -1,009
      In my case I think the tenant knew she would have gotten tossed...she had $4,300 monthly income from SS and child support/alimony(kinda hard to prove hardship) and her rent was $1,500 monthly. She didn't even work(nor did the filthy wh#re clean either). I had just put 14k into the property right before she moved in in Dec. 2019 and had to put another 10k(still finding receipts) into it after she moved out 7 months later plus lost 3.5 months of income.
      The tax write offs and the fact that the property has gone up 45k in that time span help ease the pain though:lol:

• Concrete Helmet

Concrete Helmet Hook, Line, and Sinker
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $8,571
      Ratings:
      +13,964 / -1,009
      I think they have to be able to prove hardship from the China flu though but they may have different laws in NV. Hopefully he can get back in control sooner than later. He stands to lose a sh!tload of money if he can't off them until after the turndown(assuming there will be one). In the short term though he's getting a BIG tax break while his assets are on the rise. We truly live in a parallel universe these days...

• Detroitgator

Detroitgator Well-Known Member
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $13,022
      Ratings:
      +21,096 / -154
      It's a state thing... NV can weigh in on what a kook his governor is in terms of covid crap.

• Alumni Guy

Alumni Guy Newbie
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $2,597
      Ratings:
      +3,664 / -203
      There’a nothing like a good tenant to add income to an appreciable asset. A bad one is an expense and depreciates the asset.

I don’t get people: you may not own it, but you still live there. Why would you want to treat your home like that?

• UFHealthGator

UFHealthGator Well-Known Member
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $2,726
        Ratings:
        +2,829 / -121
        Short term rentals is the answer like airbnb. Yes more headache, but more upside without having to deal with squatters.