Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
Miss Donovan's approach to "assists" as a primary tenet of the game. We have a whole team, Castleton excepted, who don't know how to draw the defense and pass to the open man. Very selfish, non productive outcomes. BWTFDIK as a 5ft 6in Gator Fan?

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Uh, wasn't the season (and any tourney hopes) already pretty much over anyway? I don't see how this is much of a big deal at this point.
Yep, Season was pretty much over when we lost to Vandy last week. There were still two chances to make the tourney--- slim and none.
And now those are gone as well.

Golden should decline any minor tourney invites and go spend the rest of his time finding players. Embarrassing collection of below-average guards on our team. He's going to need a monster injection of talent to have any chance of dancing next year.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Awfully fatalistic commentary from someone who prides themselves on not being a "dumper." ;)

We're still not eliminated from tourney contention; but would likely need to win out to have a shot (per the talking heads & sports analysts, at least).
Mike White destroyed Gator basketball for me. I haven't been watching. UF has no shot at the tourney even if they win out.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Mike White destroyed Gator basketball for me. I haven't been watching. UF has no shot at the tourney even if they win out.
Only chance they have is win the sec tourney, so basically zero shot. Despite that golden is world's better than the useless hack that was here prior.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Only chance they have is win the sec tourney, so basically zero shot. Despite that golden is world's better than the useless hack that was here prior.
Might be. Might not be. Jury is still out.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Golden probably wishes if it had to happen that it happened about 5 games earlier, then he could point to it...see.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't believe Mike white ever had a record this bad. Mike white was a good recruiter and they played hard for him . Golden put together a pretty weak roster but he is a better in game coach. I caught alot of heat for defending white but the truth is, it's really hard to do what to make the tourney 5 out of 7 years.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I don't believe Mike white ever had a record this bad. Mike white was a good recruiter and they played hard for him . Golden put together a pretty weak roster but he is a better in game coach. I caught alot of heat for defending white but the truth is, it's really hard to do what to make the tourney 5 out of 7 years.

We’re the second winningest SEC program since the 3 point shot was invented. Our goal isn’t to squeak into the tournament after not competing for an SEC title in the regular season. We all knew we weren’t going to win anything substantial with White, so instead of being marred in mediocrity, White blessed us with a gift.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We’re the second winningest SEC program since the 3 point shot was invented. Our goal isn’t to squeak into the tournament after not competing for an SEC title in the regular season. We all knew we weren’t going to win anything substantial with White, so instead of being marred in mediocrity, White blessed us with a gift.
I agree. I just think we shoulda upgraded when we told him to start looking around. Same goes with mullen.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. I just think we shoulda upgraded when we told him to start looking around. Same goes with mullen.

Juries still out in both cases, just not the debut seasons we’d want

TG has to show he can bring in talent, and he needs to hire a new OC

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
White is a good solid coach. He's just not Championship caliber. He had 7 seasons here and could not get it done. I believe he puts too much pressure on his players to play perfect defense. His teams play tight at the end of games and think way too much. No offensive.

Billy D had a run where he made the Elite 8 ... 5 of 7 seasons. Mike White let our program drift off the map. We made zero noise in the tourney except Year 2 when Cheese made a miracle last-second shot over Whisky.

We all agree that Mike White is not the guy. In this day and age, you can't have a sub 6' white-guy coach named Mike White and expect to excel. I'm surprised MW was able to get the players that he did get... year after year, he brought in the 4-5*'s.

Goldie better get to crootin' or it's going to be a short stay in Gainesville.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator