CeCe Jefferson had shoulder surgery - out until Aug?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It is terrible for him but undersized defensive end is the one position we have PLENTY.

He can get well and return to the field slowly.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Similar to a meniscus. A small tear and they just snip it off. You're pretty much back in three weeks.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Cartilage? I’m pretty sure it’s a tendon that supports the shoulder joint.

labrum is a fibrous cup that makes the surface area glenoid fossa larger. The rotator cuff (4 muscles) provides the stability until you get to end range, then it's the capsule. If has has problems with dislocating his shoulder it could be because of a torn labrum. Usually with young athletes, if you dislocate the gleno-humeral joint you have most likely torn the labrum in that initial injury and will in all likelihood have problems down the road. Hope that's not it because if he has the surgery to repair that problem he needs a medical redshirt for this season.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
No, failed humor. But I stand with what I said earlier. It's NOT a tendon.

Okay I looked it up. I stand corrected. Oh, and glad to see I’m not the only one guilty of failed humor. Let me know if you want to start a support group.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
labrum is a fibrous cup that makes the surface area glenoid fossa larger. The rotator cuff (4 muscles) provides the stability until you get to end range, then it's the capsule. If has has problems with dislocating his shoulder it could be because of a torn labrum. Usually with young athletes, if you dislocate the gleno-humeral joint you have most likely torn the labrum in that initial injury and will in all likelihood have problems down the road. Hope that's not it because if he has the surgery to repair that problem he needs a medical redshirt for this season.
:snob:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Okay I looked it up. I stand corrected. Oh, and glad to see I’m not the only one guilty of failed humor. Let me know if you want to start a support group.
I'm already head of the society.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
:waiting: the Mash Unit football seasons have gotten old... hopefully CeCe is not displaced long term.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oldest son tore his labrum in the early fall and had it pinned back arthroscopically. He was redshirted and the following spring ripped the repair out, this time having the more invasive reattachment surgery. Recovery is really long and painful and at NT chances were good for a 3rd so he hung it up. Hopefully Cece's injury is a minor separation with no tearing.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
...and so it begins. :facepalm:

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Likely just a minor shoulder dislocation. That's my uneducated guess.

HauntedGator

Dec 14, 2016
They popped the shoulder back in on the sidelines right in front of where we were sitting. Im not a doctor (and dont play one on TV) but does a torn labrum require resetting the shoulder?

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They popped the shoulder back in on the sidelines right in front of where we were sitting. Im not a doctor (and dont play one on TV) but does a torn labrum require resetting the shoulder?
Damage to the labrum can result in the shoulder popping out of the socket. With damage to the labrum, shoulder dislocations can become frequent and depending on the severity of the injury the shoulder can seemingly pop out on it's own with just moving the arm/shoulder with the wrong motion.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks. I thought it was a ladies' private part.

da996a9c40a1697c429e455ff2b32ce5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.