CeCe Jefferson had shoulder surgery - out until Aug?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Second graph, fourth sentence.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think you ever stop looking for improvement. That'll fall on CeCe and the staff to explore that road.

However, it's my opinion that you can only take a structurally impaired shoulder so far as a football player, esp at the position he plays.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

So you can't learn by taking classes and from looking at other programs? Now I would like for our process to be among the best, learning from others is a great thing.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I had surgery in October to shave bone spurs in the clavicle that were impinging on the rotator cuff. It was my second bout with the issue since '06. The first time I opted not for surgery but rather PT.

That's obviously minor in comparison to a torn labrum, however, the common thread is the conservative way you have to approach rehab. I work out in the gym regularly and have for 25 years. Each time I couldn't wait to get back as soon as possible.

That's the problem. You have to work back slowly from shoulder injuries, build the supporting muscles first with very light weights and stretches and graaaaaadually work up. It's tedious and time consuming, but the last thing you want to do is overwork it too soon.

Every S&C guy is part conditioner, part PT. I like Savage's resume. I esp like that he's younger and therefore is likely acquainted with some of the newer rehab techniques and willing to give them a try.

At the end of the day, it's up to the patient and his willingness to put in the time. CeCe faces the biggest challenge of his young life. He'll need to completely commit to his rehab if he's going to have a chance to come back sound and durable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb