CeCe Jefferson has not signed LOI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
TheDouglas78;n170737 said:
I don't know about all that, but I do know quite a few companies who tested their missiles and bunker busters in that area.

Yeah.

Me neither.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm familiar with Baker county. I'm pretty sure the school has a fax machine.

​

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida landed a commitment from 5-star defensive end CeCe Jefferson on Wednesday afternoon, but as of Thursday morning, Jefferson has yet to become an official member of the Gators' 2015 signing class.
As of 10:45 a.m., GatorBait.net can confirm that Jefferson has not yet faxed the national letter of intent he signed live on the air on ESPNU on Wednesday. Jefferson had planned to send it Thursday morning instead of on signing day after hosting a big party and barbecue at his house to announce his decision on TV.
Jefferson's father, Leo Jefferson, confirmed that the fax has not yet been sent.
"No, sir," Jefferson said.
Asked by 247Sports if there was a reason the fax has not yet been sent, Jefferson replied simply "Yes, sir." Prompted for a reason, Jefferson replied "I can't tell you that."
Brady Ackerman, a sideline reporter for the Gator Sports Network, reported live on the air with Bill King on 94.9 The Game in Nashville, Tenn., that Jefferson's father is refusing to sign the letter of intent.
"Now he's going to be a Gator, but as of right now his letter of intent has not been received by Florida," Ackerman said. "You say, well what's the story there, Brady? There's a lot of back story to this, so I'm giving you what people I know in Baker County in Florida, Macclenny just outside of Jacksonville, are telling me, Bill. Not what the coaches are telling me, not what I think that I know from the inside the University of Florida. This is straight from the folks I know at Baker County, and I know a lot of them.
"Apparently his dad is not allowing him to sign with Florida just yet. His dad, his mom, while live together don't see eye to eye. The mom wants him to go to Florida. There's a lot of Gators in Baker County. As you know, the proximity, Bill, is very close to the University of Florida. This kid wants to be a Gator and apparently his dad is not signing it. From what I understand, he's 19, but I was also told a parent still has to sign it.
"That's where the story ends for me right now. From the Florida perspective, they feel very confident that CeCe Jefferson will be a Gator and that he is a Gator, but from the legal standpoint, we kind of went through this yesterday with [Byron] Cowart down at Armwood, it's not officially official, if you will."
GatorBait.net will continue to update with the latest on Jefferson's situation as more news becomes available.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just saw that. Great...more drama.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
sounds like the AU bagman met up with Cece's dad last night...

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Actually Wobbs, I only complain on private boards.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n170878 said:
sounds like the AU bagman met up with Cece's dad last night...
could be Ole Mi$$ too...dad was wearing ole miss gear not that long ago

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
tumblr_m7f8ywbxEr1qmdwx4o1_500.jpg

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coaches used to visit the prospect with the paperwork in hand

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
old enough to serve in the military, but can't sign up for a good education, makes sense ncaa

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Why can't mom sign? Did his dad lock up the LOI and swallow the key?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have no idea why he can't sign it. he is a legal adult, and able to consent to a legal contract. Most parents would pull this crap to keep their kids closer to home...still not right but easy to understand. this makes zero sense and as others have mentioned, maybe the father has been paid or promise to be paid.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This isn't the first time something like this has happened.

NO_PIG_SOOIE_zpsadb79e66.gif

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
-THE DUDE-;n170886 said:
could be Ole Mi$$ too...dad was wearing ole miss gear not that long ago

This is exactly my thinking as I read somewhere that the Dad really liked Ole Miss. It stinks to high heaven and the stench coming from Oxford is circulating. Sounds to me like the alum "assigned" to CeCe might have said something like "hey Mr. (fill in blank), you deliver CeCe and we will deliver!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.