CeCe Jefferson has not signed LOI

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is somewhat common. The kids normally go where they want.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n170886 said:
could be Ole Mi$$ too...dad was wearing ole miss gear not that long ago

Wouldn't shock me at all if an Ole Miss booster (or booster from another school) offered them money and that's why the dad is against him going to UF.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n171121 said:
Wouldn't shock me at all if an Ole Miss booster (or booster from another school) offered them money and that's why the dad is against him going to UF.

You think he hasn't already been offered money by boosters of every school that was recruiting him?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n171121 said:

They can make another movie once he signs with Ole Miss. Not sure what the title would be though...

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n171125 said:
You think he hasn't already been offered money by boosters of every school that was recruiting him?

Exactly. They were given an offer from someone that his dad doesn't want to pass.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
We are royally screwed....CeCe's dad is refusing to let CeCe to fax the LOI

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How long have they had to figure all this out?

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Lots of lying going on...I highly doubt Mac tried to pull one over on CC and just "never called" him.

Five-star defensive end CeCe Jefferson has yet to sign his letter of intent for Florida and his father, Leo Jefferson, explained why on Thursday.

Leo said CeCe himself is not ready to sign it.
CECE-JEFFERSON-140612-1.JPG
spacer1.gif
spacer1.gif
CeCe Jefferson announced yesterday he would sign with Florida, but has yet to send his NLI.
"He told me that yesterday after his announcement," Leo said, adding he would have been glad to sign and fax the letter to Florida if that's what his son wanted.

The holdup, Leo said, is because Gators defensive line coach Terrell Williams is reportedly leaving after just one month to accept the same position on the Miami Dolphins staff. Williams will reportedly be replaced by Texas defensive line coach Chris Rumph.

"The Florida staff never told us he was leaving," Leo said. "We don't know (Rumph) at all."

Leo said that the in-home visit with Gators coach Jim McElwain was rushed, they stayed for an hour and rushed out the door to see a 2016 prospect and only talked about the new dorms and the new facilities on the visit. The visit paled in comparison to the other in home visits, according to Leo.

Though Florida is CeCe's "dream school," neither he nor Leo felt good about the Gators staff or the changes at defensive line coach, according to Leo. Leo's wife doesn't want him to go to Florida and both parents felt CeCe should go away from home to grow up and get away from all the Gators fans in Baker County and his friends that might distract him.

Regardless, "if CeCe wants to go to Florida, we are on board," Leo said.

Leo also mentioned concern about Gators athletic director Jeremy Foley being involved in the firing of assistant coaches and how involved he is in the program. Leo doesn't believe that McElwain will have the power at Florida that Nick Saban, Hugh Freeze, Gus Malzahn, Les Miles and others have at their schools.

Leo wouldn't divulge what school he and his wife prefer for CeCe.

"The coaches at Florida wanted the letter signed by 8:30 this morning so they could go on vacation," Leo said. "(McElwain) was only head coach of all the ones recruiting him that hasn't called as of 1 p.m. Coaches from schools CeCe wasn't listing as finalists have all called, but Florida has not called him."

Clearly, the Jeffersons aren't impressed with the lack of communication over the defensive line coach change or the recent actions of the staff.

"The staff should have considered being honest with us about the (coach) change," Leo said. "They haven't pursued CeCe nearly as hard as others and I'm not sure why."

Leo added, "they aren't going on vacation anytime soon because we're not sending that letter

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Update 1:10pm: Florida has parted ways with DL coach Terrell Williams, who supposedly either didn’t understand recruiting or didn’t enjoy it. He is going back to the NFL, and Florida is targeting Texas DL coach Chris Rumph to replace him. Now, how does this affect Cece’s status? Well, it doesn’t, really, contrary to many reports out there. Or at least it shouldn’t. Cece Jefferson is a Gator. It’s just a matter of his dad signing his LOI.
Update 1:47pm: Orrrrrrrr maybe the change at DL coach does matter. Mike Farrell of Rivals has spoken to Cece Jefferson’s father, Leo, who told him that McElwain and his staff never informed him of the coaching change, and that they don’t know Chris Rumph at all. Leo Jefferson also told Farrell that McElwain was the only coach not to call Cece at the end of his recruiting process. Other coaches- including coaches of schools that weren’t even finalists for Cece- did. That’s not very good, if it’s true. Of course, Cece Jefferson’s father could simply be lying, which wouldn’t be cool, but Jefferson has since indicated on Twitter that he is, at the very least, surprised by the coaching change. This is all just speculation right now, though. Somebody… somewhere involved in this case… is lying. We don’t know who, and we really don’t know anything definitive. All we know is that as of right now, Cece Jefferson’s LOI is still not in.
Update 2:01pm: I’m officially getting antsy about Cece Jefferson. That said, I still wouldn’t start freaking out. To expand on my earlier update, this is not the first time something like this has happened. A couple years ago, Alex Collins announced his decision to attend Arkansas. His mother didn’t approve, so she thought the best course of action was to literally snatch his LOI off the table, sprint to her car, and drive away with them. If memory serves me right, I believe Alex Collins had a big game for Arkansas against Florida in 2013. So I think he won that battle. Then there was Josh Harvey-Clemons, who wanted to go to Georgia and whose father wanted him to go to Florida. He wound up caving and signing his LOI to Georgia. Now, Harvey-Clemons did get himself kicked off the team… but he made it to Georgia. So again, I’d like to stress that kids usually… usually… win these types of battles.
Update 2:25pm: Much has been made about Cece Jefferson’s dad refusing to sign the LOI. So the next natural question is: well, why can’t his mother sign it? The answer is not entirely clear, but multiple people are telling me that his mother likes the idea of Cece going to Florida even less than her husband. Why that is, I don’t know for sure, but if you want me to guess, I’ll give you two possible reasons: one, she shared her husband’s frustrations I mentioned in the earlier updates. Or two, her husband is simply refusing to let her sign the LOI. Mike Farrell of Rivals reported that Cece’s dad told him on the phone that his wife didn’t want Cece to go to UF, either, but didn’t cite a concrete reason. So, yeah, this is officially getting frustrating. But stay tuned for updates as we continue to track the story.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/F...for-5-star-CeCe-Jefferson-to-fax-LOI-35424151

As of 10:45 a.m., GatorBait.net can confirm that Jefferson has not yet faxed the national letter of intent he signed live on the air on ESPNU on Wednesday. Jefferson had planned to send it Thursday morning instead of on signing day after hosting a big party and barbecue at his house to announce his decision on TV

"Apparently his dad is not allowing him to sign with Florida just yet. His dad, his mom, while live together don't see eye to eye. The mom wants him to go to Florida. There's a lot of Gators in Baker County. As you know, the proximity, Bill, is very close to the University of Florida. This kid wants to be a Gator and apparently his dad is not signing it. From what I understand, he's 19, but I was also told a parent still has to sign it. "

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Because he's not 21 he requires a parental signature. The fact that neither parent seems willing is odd. I'm really tired of the drama and at this point I'm growing less anxious. He and Cowart have shown just how ridiculous this recruiting show that the media has created really is. Time for us all to move on. One kid shouldn't make this much difference.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@JonShu89 an editor for the paper in CeCe's hometown says the LOI will be sent to Florida today or tomorrow... that he isn't changing his commitment to UF

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Mr2Bits;n171230 said:
Update 1:10pm: Florida has parted ways with DL coach Terrell Williams, who supposedly either didn’t understand recruiting or didn’t enjoy it. He is going back to the NFL, and Florida is targeting Texas DL coach Chris Rumph to replace him. Now, how does this affect Cece’s status? Well, it doesn’t, really, contrary to many reports out there. Or at least it shouldn’t. Cece Jefferson is a Gator. It’s just a matter of his dad signing his LOI.
Update 1:47pm: Orrrrrrrr maybe the change at DL coach does matter. Mike Farrell of Rivals has spoken to Cece Jefferson’s father, Leo, who told him that McElwain and his staff never informed him of the coaching change, and that they don’t know Chris Rumph at all. Leo Jefferson also told Farrell that McElwain was the only coach not to call Cece at the end of his recruiting process. Other coaches- including coaches of schools that weren’t even finalists for Cece- did. That’s not very good, if it’s true. Of course, Cece Jefferson’s father could simply be lying, which wouldn’t be cool, but Jefferson has since indicated on Twitter that he is, at the very least, surprised by the coaching change. This is all just speculation right now, though. Somebody… somewhere involved in this case… is lying. We don’t know who, and we really don’t know anything definitive. All we know is that as of right now, Cece Jefferson’s LOI is still not in.
Update 2:01pm: I’m officially getting antsy about Cece Jefferson. That said, I still wouldn’t start freaking out. To expand on my earlier update, this is not the first time something like this has happened. A couple years ago, Alex Collins announced his decision to attend Arkansas. His mother didn’t approve, so she thought the best course of action was to literally snatch his LOI off the table, sprint to her car, and drive away with them. If memory serves me right, I believe Alex Collins had a big game for Arkansas against Florida in 2013. So I think he won that battle. Then there was Josh Harvey-Clemons, who wanted to go to Georgia and whose father wanted him to go to Florida. He wound up caving and signing his LOI to Georgia. Now, Harvey-Clemons did get himself kicked off the team… but he made it to Georgia. So again, I’d like to stress that kids usually… usually… win these types of battles.
Update 2:25pm: Much has been made about Cece Jefferson’s dad refusing to sign the LOI. So the next natural question is: well, why can’t his mother sign it? The answer is not entirely clear, but multiple people are telling me that his mother likes the idea of Cece going to Florida even less than her husband. Why that is, I don’t know for sure, but if you want me to guess, I’ll give you two possible reasons: one, she shared her husband’s frustrations I mentioned in the earlier updates. Or two, her husband is simply refusing to let her sign the LOI. Mike Farrell of Rivals reported that Cece’s dad told him on the phone that his wife didn’t want Cece to go to UF, either, but didn’t cite a concrete reason. So, yeah, this is officially getting frustrating. But stay tuned for updates as we continue to track the story.

Big freakin' soap opera. A shame they can't just let the kid decide where to go and support him.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Whatever. I'm over all this ass kissing of 17 year old kids. It's starting to diminish my love of college football just like it has done my love of pro sports. I guess I'll just watch Pop Warner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.