Celebratory pens for a somber occasion

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Born2beagator, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Gator By Marriage

Gator By Marriage A convert to Gatorism
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $6,946
    Ratings:
    +7,118 / -109
    Any predictions on states he flips (or flip to the Dems)? If the election were today, in his best case scenario, I could see him flipping Colorado (9 electoral votes), the Maine at-large votes (2), Minnesota (10), Nevada (6), New Hampshire (4), and New Mexico (5). Added to the 306 he received on election night in 2016 (assuming of course he keeps the same ones he won then) that would give him 342. He only lost Virginia (13) by 5%, so one would think it might be in play, but that state seems to get more liberal by the hour. However, lets say he wins there too, that would give him 355. I don't think this happens, but to me it is his absolute ceiling.

2. Detroitgator

Detroitgator General Factotum
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $8,731
    Ratings:
    +15,354 / -74
    I agree with everything you said... My prediction for over a year has been that he'll increase the electoral win somewhere in those states, still likely lose the popular vote. It would probably be more beneficial if he just held roughly steady electorally, but even just squeaked out the popular. I just don't see him winning popular unless dems don't turn out to vote, and I doubt that, because it just flat out does not matter who the D candidate is at this point, it's almost completely "not trump." But if they screw Bernie again, who knows wtf will happen to them.

• Durty South Swamp

Durty South Swamp doodley doodley doo!
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $8,664
      Ratings:
      +18,562 / -361
      its the economy...

• Durty South Swamp

Durty South Swamp doodley doodley doo!
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $8,664
      Ratings:
      +18,562 / -361
      ding ding ding.

Its already begun. He's now a sexist liar who tried to manipulate a native American into not running for potus. The media is playing the Ft Picket smallpox laced blankets angle. Nothing but an old evil white man. The media has made their pick and its Warren. They are going to torch burnie and ignore harmless joe (because he torches, and probably touches, himself). The older middle of the road dems in rust belt, middle America type areas won't show up heavily to vote regardless of whether its warren or burnout - both just too far left for sensible folks.

The middle of the road types could hold their nose and go Biden, but if Biden gets it they will be the only demographic showing up in solid numbers - millennials and leftist turnout will be low. Now if burnout gets it he will draw real support from the fringe and to a slightly lesser extent warren the same but that's all really. Neither of those 2 are going to draw significant numbers from self identifying middle of the road dems and they will lose because of it. I honestly don't see anyone up there that has a prayer. Trump isn't untouchable by any stretch but what the democrat party has put up so far smells like last week's gym socks.

The dem party has really become a huge political spectrum where on one end you have reasonable and traditional folks who go to church, pay their bills, work hard, maintain traditional values and beliefs and largely want to be left alone but when a problem exists tend to side more with public vice private solutions. Then on the other side you have radical crazies who want to confiscate money from others, punish ppl who disagree with them, champion victim hood and destroy anyone who isn't one, abolish portions of the bill of rights, have govt seize control of industry and business, imprison wealthy, implement full fledged eugenics up to and during birth and also towards twilight of life, and the far left is willing and even giddy at the idea of doing all these things through militant force. Antifa is just the beginning. Now how can a party that contains this wide of a spectrum not eat itself alive when many of the moderate democrats described will be some of the first to be marched to the gulags (bernie campaign worker's term, not mine) by the leftist dems? In the very near term, how can a party with such a huge spectrum unite and vote for 1 candidate when he/she is going to have to be either moderate or radical? Can't be both. Considering how militant, off putting, and completely devoid of reason one side of their spectrum is, I dont see it possible in any scenario. Most likely is a repeat of last election. Some dems stay home, and others pull the lever for trump, many for the 2nd time, with little reservation. Also why the pub party is currently growing. A lot of moderate dems are now switching to R because they dont recognize and are disgusted with what the party has become.

• Frozen Gator

Frozen Gator Well-Known Member
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $2,610
        Ratings:
        +3,228 / -61
        I'm still concerned about a rino crossover for VP but the main thing is for Trump to just win. I think the House is in play and two years of that would make a huge difference in the direction our country is moving.

• FireFoley

FireFoley Senior Member
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $2,799
        Ratings:
        +4,104 / -291
        • FlyingGator

FlyingGator Well-Known Member
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $971