Chandler Parsons injured by drunk driver

What do you want to see out of Franks at Arkansas?

• Does well

Votes: 67 41.4%
  • Does poorly

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Don't care

Votes: 90 55.6%

• Total voters

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Your first response after reading he had suffered potentially life-altering injuries was to question the thread title?

Me, too.

Yes. It was a great thread title.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
@Detroitgator based on the fun convo y’all had before, the bolded makes so much sense.

Lol, I practice in a totally unrelated area of law now and am a happier person for it.

There aren't many firms around where you're guaranteed to get trial experience and Morgan makes all their attorneys go to court at least 3x a year, so it was a good learning experience. I enjoyed trial practice; but I'm in a much better place now that I moved into the corporate realm.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Lol, I practice in a totally unrelated area of law now and am a happier person for it.

There aren't many firms around where you're guaranteed to get trial experience and Morgan makes all their attorneys go to court at least 3x a year, so it was a good learning experience. I enjoyed trial practice; but I'm in a much better place now that I moved into the corporate realm.
I’m referring to working for an ambulance chasing political activist.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I’m referring to working for an ambulance chasing political activist.

His politics were annoying--as were his efforts to try and rope in all the attorneys into supporting them.

Cases were a mixed bag: for every idiot trying to turn a fender bender into a $10k payoff there were dozens of others with real injuries and facing an insurance company trying to screw them over. Like so much in life: it's the idiots who ruin it for the rest of us bc I'll give you one guess which group would be calling you every 4 hours asking "where my money at?" :rolleyes:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
His politics were annoying--as were his efforts to try and rope in all the attorneys into supporting them.

Cases were a mixed bag: for every idiot trying to turn a fender bender into a $10k payoff there were dozens of others with real injuries and facing an insurance company trying to screw them over. Like so much in life: it's the idiots who ruin it for the rest of us bc I'll give you one guess which group would be calling you every 4 hours asking "where my money at?" :rolleyes:
Ain’t that the truth. Makes you wonder though... is it a chicken and egg thing? Would insurance companies try to screw folks as hard if they weren’t trying to squeeze them for every penny in frivolous lawsuits? Would people try to squeeze every penny and stretch what a valid law suit is if the insurance companies were more reasonable?

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Ain’t that the truth. Makes you wonder though... is it a chicken and egg thing? Would insurance companies try to screw folks as hard if they weren’t trying to squeeze them for every penny in frivolous lawsuits? Would people try to squeeze every penny and stretch what a valid law suit is if the insurance companies were more reasonable?

I've often wondered the same things and asked the same questions.

Part of the problem are consumers themselves: we--understandably--want the cheapest monthly policies, but then when something happens, expect everything to be reimbursed and are forced to sue when they realize their policy doesn't cover the full extent of their personal/property damage.

But the lengths insurance companies go to in order to try and penny pinch on settlements are ridiculous. Sending a PI on a 2 week trip to India to follow a client around and make sure they weren't doing anything inconsistent with their injuries was a notable example. Instead of paying for airfare, food, and hotels...why not just have added $20k to their offer?? Would have been cheaper for them.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018

Part of the problem are consumers themselves: we--understandably--want the cheapest monthly policies, but then when something happens, expect everything to be reimbursed and are forced to sue when they realize their policy doesn't cover the full extent of their personal/property damage.

But the lengths insurance companies go to in order to try and penny pinch on settlements are ridiculous. Sending a PI on a 2 week trip to India to follow a client around and make sure they weren't doing anything inconsistent with their injuries was a notable example. Instead of paying for airfare, food, and hotels...why not just have added $20k to their offer?? Would have been cheaper for them.
I guess the theory with the PI is to catch the cheater and use it as a cautionary tale to dissuade future liars instead of saving short term - which might just encourage others.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

I have a buddy who used to own a small PI firm with another guy. He made most of his living doing worker’s comp cases for insurance co.s. He said it was pretty rare when they were hired and the subject wasn’t faking. He said they used to get some hilarious videos of folks doing strenuous activities after claiming how badly they had become disabled.

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
Disability is such a crock. I know a paraplegic who goes to work 5 days a week. I met a veteran in Alabama with half ofone hand missing, and an artificial leg working at a restaurant. My brother has two replacement knees, one replacement hip, had spinal fusion surgery, and a bowel resection, and never claimed disability. Almost anyone can work in the right job. Those who won't are usually just loafers.

Gatorup!

Nov 14, 2016
RE the thread title, this topic seems to scream out for "in shambles."

Just sayin'.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I have a buddy who used to own a small PI firm with another guy. He made most of his living doing worker’s comp cases for insurance co.s. He said it was pretty rare when they were hired and the subject wasn’t faking. He said they used to get some hilarious videos of folks doing strenuous activities after claiming how badly they had become disabled.

Yup...had several cases blown up by people running their mouths on social media or just doing dumb stuff. Some of it was genuinely people working through the pain (doing lawnwork to save money bc most of their spare cash is going to medications and dr visits)...but other stuff was just people being idiots

My absolute "favorite" client was this 20 something bimbo who got assigned to me within days of me getting to the firm. She actually had genuine injuries (car was rammed into by a small delivery truck and flipped off the road) and 3 surgeries...but was as detestable and horrid a person as I've ever met. Actual quote to my paralegal (after she showed up at the office) "I don't want to deal with the help...where is my attorney?!?" (I was at a deposition for a different case).

I knew the defense counsel and he called me up and was like "hey, I'm probably crossing a line here, but I'm human and let's just say I strongly urge you to take our last offer" (this was 2 days prior to mediation). I ask her wth is going on, she denies any knowledge, I make her sign a document saying she's disregarding our professional advice, etc...lol, we get to mediation and the adjuster plays a videotape of her playing 18 holes of golf on 3 occasions...and to cap it off: her getting plowed doggy-style outside a Jax Beach bar. The PI zoomed in her face to confirm it was her and the adjuster paused it right then in front of everyone..saying "now we can show this to a jury, or..." The girl got her medical bills covered and we got most of our costs, I think she got less than $1k. Kinda poetic justice since she was a terrible person, but do feel for her since she had legit injuries.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
So as I am doing my morning reading of the business papers to prepare for the day, I took to an article talking about how there is a large decline in beer sales in Vietnam due to the government's tougher laws and crackdown on drinking and driving. whatever the new rules are I give them credit. Drink at home you bastards and that way the only harm you are going to cause is to yourself of which none of us gives a shyt about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator