Chandler Parsons Retires

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Congrats. Gotta admit, I had no hope for him as NBA player when he first came to UF, much less an impact player at UF. Well I would not say his career at UF would have given anyone the thought that he would turn into a good NBA player and make the kind of money he did. Well done. Good on you Parsons. hard work paid off big time!!!

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The guy endured some pretty crazy ups and downs going from a second round draft pick to setting the NBA record for threes in a half. Then he signs a huge contract and the rest of his career is plagued by injuries.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Could have been a perennial all star if not for the injuries, particularly the driving accident.

Was always disappointed with his performance at the tournament his last year here. He kind of disappeared, hence our early exit.

Either way, can't feel too bad for somebody who gets to retire around age 30.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The only player in UF history to be named SEC Player of the Year.

The guy came to UF in the shadow of Nick Colathis and Jaye Lucas and he turned out to be much better than either of those guys.

But then again that was back when UF players got better from year to year.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Really good player for the Gators.

For the 38th pick in the NBA he far exceeded most scouts expectations. I believe he also earned over $100 mil during his career and even dated some hotties along the way (Kendall Jenner, Arianny Celeste)

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I didn’t follow him that closely in the NBA but I seem to recall that some of his fashion choices would not be those that I would choose for myself

Chandler-Parsons-attends-Nickelodeon-Kids-Choice-Sports-Awards.jpg

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Parsons time at UF was a testament to his work ethic and him believing in the vision Billy D had for him.

Here was another great example of the winner (nevermind the clear double dribble by Downey on his layup to take the lead). This was the same season as the winner vs NC State.

He could do it all. Pass, shoot, rebound. I remember he had great timing, would fly in after a miss, and slam it home.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I didn’t follow him that closely in the NBA but I seem to recall that some of his fashion choices would not be those that I would choose for myself

Chandler-Parsons-attends-Nickelodeon-Kids-Choice-Sports-Awards.jpg
There was a time, not that long ago, where one's first thoughts on seeing that picture would be "wow, he must have lost his luggage." No socks, slippers and and had to borrow clothes from some much smaller guys.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
There was a time, not that long ago, where one's first thoughts on seeing that picture would be "wow, he must have lost his luggage." No socks, slippers and and had to borrow clothes from some much smaller guys.

so... are you saying men dress that way on purpose?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.