Changes: Same Record as 2016, How are the Gators Better, Are they Worse in Any Areas?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
2017 was a disaster before it began with the suspensions etc.

We were 9-4 in 2016. Two years later, as 2018 winds down, what is better? Is anything worse?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Haters still hating and pumpers gotta pump. I think we have toasted this marshmallow way beyond a smores opportunity but I think the consensus among those that ponder it with some perspective agree on this. Dan has a better grasp of the over all picture of running a football team. He seems to be able to wring from a QB all that he can. He seesm like a pretty good motivator and honest when up at the podium. We all know he has seen the "formula" for winning and winning at the HIGHEST level up close and personal. He also knows the toil it can take on you and how high expectations are. He certainly knows you are only as good as you last game even if it is a championship. Of course I am a pumper and always try to see the upside on stuff but there is a different feeling after this year. I dont get caught up in recruiting like I should but I have seen to many cant miss miss and more than a few low stars become stars. If that is myopic and over stated so be it. gogators.........

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
The program is in a much better place; strength and conditioning, on and off field discipline, work ethic, team identity, etc. The one area that needs improvement is recruiting. I'm giving him a partial pass on recruiting because of the damage to the brand under Mac.

I still hate seeing Grantham on our sideline.

Last edited:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The one area that needs improvement is recruiting. I'm giving him a partial pass on recruiting because of the damage the damage to the brand under Mac.

I think fans are underestimating this. Tarquin wasn't the only one who said the previous staff turned him off. Mullen had to repair bridges just to get some guys to visit. How many other guys wouldn't even give Mullen the time of day because of Butters? The previous staff really seemed to piss people off. It is one thing to be a poor recruiter. But, there is a difference between sucking at recruiting and burning bridges.

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We are far better for two reasons. Players are getting bigger and stronger. And players are learning how to play football. No, we weren't loaded with 5-stars, but the good players we had weren't any better after 4 years at Florida than they were the day they got there. Now, they're growing both physically and mentally. That's, pardon the pun, just huge.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I thought this was going to be a Bowie thread.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
It is Christmas. I think Theologator is just giving Swonkey another thread to whine in.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. Another great thread title; very informative, gets right to the point, tells you exactly what the tread is about!!
39d6292a562bc358da57988ab5e7d537.jpg

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
SOSDD....

Merry Christmas....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.