Changes you'd like to see in the rotation

leogator

May 5, 2018
We did not run Mullen's scheme for this game. It was some weird hybrid scheme. BTW, that interception was all Franks. He pretty much threw it to the safety and had his eyes on Hammond the whole time. Now Hammond should have tried to sell the route to the inside before curling. If he had thrown it to the outside shoulder of Hammond that would have been a catch. The cb was trailing the play and had his back turned to Franks. There was pressure to speak off. Don't forget that Franks had at least two other almost picks.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We did not run Mullen's scheme for this game. It was some weird hybrid scheme. BTW, that interception was all Franks. He pretty much threw it to the safety and had his eyes on Hammond the whole time. Now Hammond should have tried to sell the route to the inside before curling. If he had thrown it to the outside shoulder of Hammond that would have been a catch. The cb was trailing the play and had his back turned to Franks. There was pressure to speak off. Don't forget that Franks had at least two other almost picks.

IMG_6200.jpg

leogator

May 5, 2018
#25 is a safety, #8 the guy that left Jefferson and tried to pick up Hammond is a cornerback. Hammond would have gotten a first down if the ball was thrown to his right and on time. The ball was thrown late and to his left almost directly to #25. This is when the ball should have been thrown already
View attachment 11005
This is when it was thrown, late and to the inside. Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 09.11.03.png

Last edited:

leogator

May 5, 2018
And this is where Franks totally stares down his receiver:

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 09.16.57.png

In the second half Franks was pressing, he was staring people down, he was late with his passes and then they were bullets. At least two more of his passes should have been intercepted. In the second half and particularly after they went up he panicked and reverted. Despite all of the problems we could have won this game.

BTW, now you know why I wanted Terry Wilson for the Gators. That's what a DT qb looks like. Speed to burn. There were couple of plays where he faked the toss, and he takes in for a TD.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 09.50.49.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 09.50.49.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:

leogator

May 5, 2018
Then there is this fake toss:
Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 10.01.07.png

and he completes a pass over the middle. I'd like for us to incorporate the fake toss into our repertoire. It gets the defense trending towards the fake toss side and you can build on that.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

The only problem with this being 100% is with Fitzgerald last year they were still big time run heavy even with teams crowding things some. There must be some coaching thing to it also and we know Franks cant dream of power running like that QB does.

leogator

May 5, 2018

Again the QB has his back turned at the time the ball is thrown. Maybe Franks would have nailed the db on the back of the helmet like he did to couple of other Kentucky Dbs. So throwing the ball to where the receiver is not (to the inside where the safety) is the only read Franks had, according to you. I genuflect to your genius, since analyzing plays is your thing.:rolleyes2:

Stop blaming the coaches when it's Franks' fault. He thew late to the inside when the curl is to the outside.

Last edited:

leogator

May 5, 2018

What is Hammond running?

Here is a highlight clip. Look at the play at 6:46 of the clip:

Nomadigator

Veni vidi facepalmi
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2018
Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 7.01.12 PM.png

The solution is crystal clear to me: Make 'em all 1st string and stack 'em 2 -3 deep. No penalty for too many men on the field 'cause there ain't no more than 11 of 'em who aren't GCMB Certified Non-Weaned Mammie Boys, n'est-ce pas?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
And this is where Franks totally stares down his receiver:

In the second half Franks was pressing, he was staring people down, he was late with his passes and then they were bullets. At least two more of his passes should have been intercepted. In the second half and particularly after they went up he panicked and reverted. Despite all of the problems we could have won this game.

BTW, now you know why I wanted Terry Wilson for the Gators. That's what a DT qb looks like. Speed to burn. There were couple of plays where he faked the toss, and he takes in for a TD.
This picture here shows the CB (8) watching Franks as he’s about to throw. I guess it’s possible he doesn’t pick it off if the throw is caught right at the 47 on the sideline but I have to agree with Traz, there wasn’t much here for an inaccurate passer. Best play was probably to loft it out of bounds and live to fight another day. Sometimes the defense just wins and the only answer is to NOT force a TO.

Last edited:

leogator

May 5, 2018
This picture here shows the CB (8) watching Franks as he’s about to throw. I guess it’s lossible he doesn’t pick it off if the throw is caught right at the 47 on the sideline but I have to agree with Traz, there wasn’t much here for an inaccurate passer. Best play was probably to loft it out of bounds and live to fight another day. Sometimes the defense just wins and the only answer is to NOT force a TO.
He was late in his throws and then he just totally zinged them in there. Even if he managed to get it to the sideline side of the receiver, the receiver would probably drop it because it was a bullet. He was really pressing in the second half.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
There were two issues that irked me offensively: Franks constantly looking to the sideline for the play call. Just seems like he’s lost. The second thing as soon as Franks went back to throw, he’d have defenders in his face.
This reminds me of 05, the main difference was there was a crapload of talent that could mask some things. How many times did Leak have someone in his face as he was going back to pass. Leak was a helluva QB who was proven. Franks, not so much. What do we do to fix things now. Do we have a Billy Latsko to be kept in to help protect the qb. I’m just spit balling here. I’ll hang up and listen

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There were two issues that irked me offensively: Franks constantly looking to the sideline for the play call. Just seems like he’s lost.
Are you serious?

He is REQUIRED to look there, like every other Mullinz QB has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.