Chaos at Mississippi game

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ole Piss player disgraced his shythole home state of Mississipuh, that’s all this boils down to.

Actually he is from Ft. Lauderdale which makes his actions even more baffling.
A kid from Florida has no real animosity for MSU so he was just being selfish and stupid

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Matt Luke defended his player by saying he was "just a good kid caught up in the heat of the moment". Bull. He may be a good person. I don't know him. He's not just a kid. Elijah Moore was not caught up in the moment. He knew that a former Ole Miss player, D.K. Metcalf, pulled the same stunt in an Egg Bowl game that Ole Miss won a few years ago. You can't tell me that the action on Moore's part was not pre-mediated. It was all thought out beforehand. Then to top it off the moron went to the sideline and pranced around wearing one of those big plastic wrestling belts. It was all to call attention to himself. He didn't care if it cost his team the ballgame against their biggest rival.

Matt Luke is at fault for defending this.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Again, Tebow did something that 90k people will be doing tomorrow night, across the globe. It's a calling card of the University and is featured and encouraged in commercials. I don't want to speak for Mississippians, but I doubt that people generally go around pretending to hike their legs. I understand that the penalty on the field is the same. But they're not even in the same category in terms of individual acts.

You also lost me on the Michigan coach comment. What does Howard have to do with this?
Didn't Howard lose a crucial game by calling a time out they didn't have? Believe that he received the kind of obloquy that the Ole Miss player is getting. People said he would never live it down and perhaps he hasn't. But he is now allowed to coach his alma mater and get on. I believe there were two similar incidents in games this very afternoon. Cincinnati had the ball back with time to win in a much more important game
The pass was incomplete but the DL decided to throw the QB down. These things aren't rare except for the incredible vulgarity last night.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Didn't Howard lose a crucial game by calling a time out they didn't have? Believe that he received the kind of obloquy that the Ole Miss player is getting. People said he would never live it down and perhaps he hasn't. But he is now allowed to coach his alma mater and get on. I believe there were two similar incidents in games this very afternoon. Cincinnati had the ball back with time to win in a much more important game
The pass was incomplete but the DL decided to throw the QB down. These things aren't rare except for the incredible vulgarity last night.
That was Chris Webber against UNC in the Final Four. Maybe championship game. ESPN ran that highlight a bunch of times leading up to their game this past week. He’ll never live it down.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
That was Chris Webber against UNC in the Final Four. Maybe championship game. ESPN ran that highlight a bunch of times leading up to their game this past week. He’ll never live it down.
Thanks. What's Webber doing these days? Is he allowed a life?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Don’t know. I know he played for the Kings for a long time but I think the only notable thing he did in life was call a timeout he didn’t have. He almost beat the lakers in the playoffs once. Same for this Moore kid. And Dallas Baker. At least Webber was confused. At least Baker was just responding and got caught. This kid was being purely selfish and it showed after - he pranced around with that stupid belt like he won the super bowl.

That said, I don’t think he can’t have a good life. But here’s the fact: he represents the university as long as he’s on scholarship. He showed he’s not capable of doing so positively and should pay the price. What he does after that is up to him.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
He has a line of grills

Bad jokes are bad.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Sometimes people take on a bad argument and where the right side presents an apple, the wrong side counters with an orange. In this case, it’s not even in the fruit variety. We’re showing you an apple and you’re coming back with the top hat piece from Monopoly. And just as confident as at the beginning.

I think you know we all like you AR, but I’m afraid someone spiked the egg nog at your house and never told you.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Well, if he did it against the leghumpers ... I might have to pin a medal on him.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Sometimes people take on a bad argument and where the right side presents an apple, the wrong side counters with an orange. In this case, it’s not even in the fruit variety. We’re showing you an apple and you’re coming back with the top hat piece from Monopoly. And just as confident as at the beginning.

I think you know we all like you AR, but I’m afraid someone spiked the egg nog at your house and never told you.
Judging from the number of other wise sensible posters who agree with you, you are probably correct. However, intellectually I don't see it. The two subjects that I am trying to discuss are (1) selfish behavior affecting your team; and, (2) appropriate penalties for players who make these selfish decisions. It seems to me that selfish behavior affecting your team occurs, and is appropriately discussed in the context of any team sport. We just saw it again a moment ago when the Marshall player dunked and negated the dunk by posturing and drawing a technical. Similarly, penalties for selfish behavior affect teammates in all team sports. Seems simple and straight forward to me. Some posters are proposing harsher penalties for selfish behavior than for beating women. Seems disproportionate to me, but different people see things differently. At any rate, I appreciate your honest effort to set me straight. I have always been, as you may guess, and inner directed person. So, I see what I see.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
@Ancient Reptile context matters. Did any decision you’ve discussed directly affect the outcome of a game? Much less a rivalry game? Additionally, is a dog crawling and peeing an Ole Miss cheer like the gator chomp? How do you not see the difference?

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
@Ancient Reptile context matters. Did any decision you’ve discussed directly affect the outcome of a game? Much less a rivalry game? Additionally, is a dog crawling and peeing an Ole Miss cheer like the gator chomp? How do you not see the difference?
Of course I see the difference. I explicitly explained the difference early on. Tebow's penalty and Webber's the one last night represent the two extremes of such penalties. That is why I used Tebow's. It illustrates the vulgar negativity of last night's behavior which is really what you find Webber's decision presumably affected the game's outcome. Until a moment ago we didn't know whether the technical after the dunk would affect the game or not. It may still have. Without those two points we would have been tied with under two minutes to go and we may have played differently.
I explained the difference in post #16 in this thread.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Of course I see the difference. I explicitly explained the difference early on. Tebow's penalty and Webber's the one last night represent the two extremes of such penalties. That is why I used Tebow's. It illustrates the vulgar negativity of last night's behavior which is really what you find Webber's decision presumably affected the game's outcome. Until a moment ago we didn't know whether the technical after the dunk would affect the game or not. It may still have. Without those two points we would have been tied with under two minutes to go and we may have played differently.
I’d agree if it was in the first half of the Egg Bowl. But it was with 4 seconds left. There is no comparison other than the fact both were penalized. Been dipping into the mississipuh shine the last couple days?

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I’d agree if it was in the first half of the Egg Bowl. But it was with 4 seconds left. There is no comparison other than the fact both were penalized. Been dipping into the mississipuh shine the last couple days?
Games are lost in all four quarters. Sober up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.