Scroll down in the Media Guide to p.86...check out Foley's photo.:eek3:
Good Lord, they should have fired him for cause over that mug. :lmao2:
67d60e70d367d513743d8e426d2803db.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good ol' Randy Hart. Great guy but he had no use for me after I botched the results he provided for a US-Soviet swim meet at the O'Dome a few months later. I got reamed out the next day. I was young and dumb.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Good ol' Randy Hart. Great guy but he had no use for me after I botched the results he provided for a US-Soviet swim meet at the O'Dome a few months later. I got reamed out the next day. I was young and dumb.
I take this to mean the CIA still keeps A file on you listed as a communist sympathizer.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Love the hair helmet. Fu(k Foley!

That picture reminds me of the moment of epiphany you get when are trying to figure someone out, what makes them tick, then you see a photo of them younger and think, “oh, he’s always been a douche.”

I see Bud Fernandez just below too. He was the equipment manager for Spurrier in the ‘90s. I caught a ride to football camp one year with his daughter and grandson from Tallahassee.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

He looks like Bobby Bowden.

Alex.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Corch doesnt remember much either.

shutterstock_483822941-thumb-640xauto-700658.jpg
Quiz me on gator football back then. I had just graduated from UF when CHarlie showed up. Wasnt toking the evil weed in college (I was paying for that diploma) or after I graduated and began teaching. Charlie was a great organizer and got the Bull gators to bring in the $$$ to improve everything. He was coaching and recruitng just like all the other SEC teams and that just was not allowed inGville.........they made sure of that.......

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not as old as some here obviously. All I remember about 79 (10 years old) is my dad cussing up a storm while listening to the games mostly on the radio while watching whatever game they were showing on TV that week. My mom usually made sure she was gone during the games. I remember 1980 good however and how happy my dad was with that big turnaround.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This one went fishen,,,,,,,,,,and Cedar Key for lunch........
For years while I lived in G'ville I kept intending to drive over. Never made it. The place was noted for a seafood restaurant that I can't seem to recall. Looks like there's a bunch of them now.

Crescent Beach was the big student attraction. I nearly spent a night in jail for an open beer can on the beach.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We went to Cedar Key. Perhaps it was an east east/west side thing. By the 90s, Crescent had become an old people beach.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We went to Cedar Key. Perhaps it was an east east/west side thing. By the 90s, Crescent had become an old people beach.
Probably to enjoy a pristine sunset, lobster tail and a $35.00 glass of wine. We the squalored ones would pile seven people into a Gremlin, leaving just enough room for two cases of Miller High Life, and slosh our sweaty bodies over to Crescent.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They had some beach and a few of those great buy a pound of boiled shrimp (straight off the boat) dives too.

They probably even had linoleum. You would have felt right at home.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They had some beach and a few of those great buy a pound of boiled shrimp (straight off the boat) dives too.

Have you seen the new linoleum planks? Looks just like wood, water proof and indestructible.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Have you seen the new linoleum planks? Looks just like wood, water proof and indestructible.

I refuse to let you two idiots turn this thread into another flooring debate. :rainbow:

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good thing there was no instant replay back then that TD we scored at 10:18 was the result of two forward passes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator