Chatter Golf Sub-Forum

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@Zambo questions for you about the California golfing experience, specifically Pebble Beach. I’m assuming you’ve played it. Is it worth the cost to play it once and is the rough as difficult to play out of as I’ve heard? Seems like the “ice plant” gets brought up by the couple of guys I know that have played the course. Putting together a bucket list of sorts and a couple of famous golf courses would be neat additions. Thanks!
You have to stay at either PB or Spanish to get on Pebble. All these courses out here they let the rough grow for a few weeks prior to tournament play. PB will let you play the week after tourneys before they cut it back down.

I still have PTSD from Spanish Bay.

Don’t plan a Monterey trip in the fall. That’s when the marine layer is the worst.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
2 Eagles, 9 Birdies & 7 Pars. However, it's only 6,200 yards. That's less than what normal guys play.

Screen Shot 2024-02-08 at 4.40.36 PM.png

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
Heard just now loud & clear on CBS broadcast of Genesis Invitational. Aussie Jason Day launched his greenside bunker shot over the green: “Ow FAWUKK ME!!!”

Last edited:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@Zambo questions for you about the California golfing experience, specifically Pebble Beach. I’m assuming you’ve played it. Is it worth the cost to play it once and is the rough as difficult to play out of as I’ve heard? Seems like the “ice plant” gets brought up by the couple of guys I know that have played the course. Putting together a bucket list of sorts and a couple of famous golf courses would be neat additions. Thanks!
Do it Cover! It’s also my goal to happily shuffle up to the counter and beg them to take my money one day. I want a caddy and preferably a calm, clear day. It’s one of the bucket list items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb