Chatter Golf Sub-Forum

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The contrast between Bryson’s tee-to-green play vs Cantlay’s touch on and around the green has been remarkable. Totally different styles duking it out.

If Bryson could learn to pitch and chip better he would be hard to beat.

Last edited:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One of the best tournaments of the modern era. Cantlay showed a very hard and focused resolve. As @Zambo said, his putting and short game was unparalleled.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Hmmm. Maybe I could have gained a few yards if hadn't raided the jar at the pro shop and gotten a discount on seconds and whatever had been found by God knows who. Only when the competition got tough did I spring for new Titleists. Why would I spend money on new balls when they would end up in the parking lot. It's great to be long. It's better to be straight.
Not in Hollywood.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No, he birdied it in regulation which is what closed out the tie to send it to OT
I was only referring to the playoff. Of the 4 times he played it, he only birdied it once, to win.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I don't watch much golf, but dad came in for dinner and asked me to tune in just as the playoff started. A lot of steel nerves on display, thoroughly entertaining.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That was fun to watch! Bryson can blame no one but himself.
He lost the tourney when he butchered that chip on 17 in regulation. Nobody is good enough at golf to win a bunch of tournaments without being able to chip. Good lord that was a terrible shot.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Cantlay & Rahm played a great final pairing! Not that he didn’t have his chances, Rahm has to settle for second place & a paltry $5 million while Cantlay pockets his cool 1st place prize of $15 million.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Rahm couldn’t get a birdie down the stretch when he needed it. Can’t remember the hole #, but when Cantlay flew the green and shorted his pitch, Rahm could’ve tied it up with a bird. Cantlay showed something when he got down for bogie. Their approaches at 18 were outstanding. Today was a great battle and Cantlay leading from wire to wire was pretty amazing.

OBG

Lifetime Member
Nov 14, 2017
Cantlay has nutted up the past couple of weekends, well deserved FedEx Champ. Should be a damn entertaining Ryder Cup in a couple of weeks.
US squad automatically qualified:
Morikawa
DJ
Bryson
koepka
JT
Cantlay

+ Strickers possible picks:
Finau
Xander
Speith
English
Reed
Berger
Simpson
Scheffler
Kokrak
Burns
Billy Ho

Out of that group, Finau, Xander, Spieth and that dwag Engilish are probably locks. That leaves two more captains picks out of that group.

Euro Squad automatically qualified:
Rahm
Fleetwood
Hatton
Rory
Hovland
Casey
Fitzpatrick
Westwood
Lowry

The rest of Paddy's picks will come from a group of brits, irish, germs, guidos, frenchies...

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rahm couldn’t get a birdie down the stretch when he needed it. Can’t remember the hole #, but when Cantlay flew the green and shorted his pitch, Rahm could’ve tied it up with a bird. Cantlay showed something when he got down for bogie. Their approaches at 18 were outstanding. Today was a great battle and Cantlay leading from wire to wire was pretty amazing.
Yep, that was #17. There should’ve been a 2 shot swing there & them tied going into 18.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator