Chatter Golf Sub-Forum

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Being reduced to nobody's by the young guns on the tour are driving the old guys away more than anything else. They won't be missed one bit.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Greg Norman, despite accumulating tremendous wealth, never has gotten over a couple of major losses. Maybe his prospective new tour is the salve he’s looking for?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Greg Norman, despite accumulating tremendous wealth, never has gotten over a couple of major losses. Maybe his prospective new tour is the salve he’s looking for?
He could never get out of his own way.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was there at Augusta when Larry Mize chipped in on 11 to win a playoff with Norman & Ballesteros. You could see the utter frustration in Greg’s face and body language. While he was absolutely a gentleman in accepting the loss & congratulating Mize, the pained smile was a tell of how he was internalizing the frustration of letting another slip out of his grasp.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Tiger has a bad round so he takes his ball, the withdraw & goes home…again.
I really believe he’s trying to go way beyond what his body will allow. I appreciate the effort, but the odds are against him. His injuries were just too severe and age is also against him.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I really believe he’s trying to go way beyond what his body will allow. I appreciate the effort, but the odds are against him. His injuries were just too severe and age is also against him.

I felt at the beginning of this year that his best shot of winning another major would be to, at a minimum, wait until the British Open & possibly wait until 2023 before coming back. He was in a Catch 22. If he waited, another year has passed and if he returned like he did, he finds out he’s not healthy enough and he takes a step back health wise.

Bottom line, though, is that either way he was never going to catch Nicklaus…the best he could hope for is maybe winning one more major.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Isn't this a sports forum? Golf isn't a sport it's an exhibition. Like Ice Skating. :stirpot:

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Shots fired in the war over golf.

Seems to me millionaires are satisfied with their millions

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
This rivalry between the tours could get interesting. One thing that has doomed rival league in other sports (USFL, XFL, etc) is lack of name recognition. The LIV tour has some big names and I saw that DeCambeau and Reed are going to play, also. It's also a nice "up yours" to the PGA that at least two of the sites for the LIV events are Trump courses.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hearing that Tiger turned down almost a billion dollars to join the LIV tour. :faint:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.