Chatter Golf Sub-Forum

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Man, this here is why people watch sports. Just incredible.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Man, Scheffler makes the cut right on the number, then blasts through the weekend and damn near wins the thing. He's probably playing as well tee to green right now as anybody since Tiger back in the 2000 era. If he could make more putts he'd be damn near unbeatable these days.

Meanwhile Hovland finally breaks through for the win. Then, 12 hours later, he's carrying the bag as a caddie for his college buddy who is playing in the US Open qualifier. :lol: That's pretty cool if you ask me. It'll be interesting to see if this is something that VH can build on. He has been so close so many times, including the PGA 2 weeks ago, but not able to put it all together..

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
That is huge news. On the surface it sounds great as far as bringing all the best players back together. I do find it ironic that the PGA Tour blasted LIV for associating with Saudi money, and now they are partnering with Saudi money.

As far as integrating the LIV team concept, maybe a series of events throughout the year, kind of like the current WGC events?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My guess is the Saudis paid every one off to end lawsuits. Probably will put Saudi Prince on board of directors

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The guys who took the big LIV money are looking like geniuses.

Itll be interesting to see how the most vocal players and commentators about this issue respond to the news. (Rory, Phil, Chamblee, etc)

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Merger my ass. The PGA tour just got bought by the Saudis.
That “join the LIV” money is gone now. How fuching stupid do the holier than thou crowd (Rory and Tiger) look now for not getting paid? :lol:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Chamblee has such a punchable face. Man this guy thinks his schyt smells like bakery fresh cinnamon rolls.

352217020_654693873146489_6440197421044224428_n.jpg

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The days of the gentleman's game are over. I don't think that the PGA should have made a stink in the first place. But they did and now there are winners and losers and a clear dividing line. I really don't know what happens next.

I have loved golf for most of my life. I got pretty good at it. To the point that I could play with future PGA pros and stay within a few strokes of them. Now and even if I was younger, pros with modern equipment and methods live and play in a different universe. I cannot now nor could I have identified then with the power shots they hit. And for that reason I'm not glued to the TV for most tournaments. I watched because I could relate to a good or bad shot.

I slowly lost interest until all I watched were the Majors.

This merger just plunged a final spike, not a nail, in the coffin. I'm done. I might watch the Maters. That's about it.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I have loved golf for most of my life. I got pretty good at it. To the point that I could play with future PGA pros and stay within a few strokes of them.
...for the first how many holes?

J/k with you. For me it would be the first 3 or 4. Maybe. :lol2:

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
...for the first how many holes?

J/k with you. For me it would be the first 3 or 4. Maybe. :lol2:
All I know is found out that 4 or 5 strokes a round means there is a Huuuuuuuuuuuuuugge difference in talent. I practiced harder than those guys. I did everything to get better. They had talent. I didn't. I remember one guy on the team who didn't even go on the tour who picked up his clubs after a four month lay off and shot a 76. All I could think was WTF? I'd have been over 90.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All I know is found out that 4 or 5 strokes a round means there is a Huuuuuuuuuuuuuugge difference in talent. I practiced harder than those guys. I did everything to get better. They had talent. I didn't. I remember one guy on the team who didn't even go on the tour who picked up his clubs after a four month lay off and shot a 76. All I could think was WTF? I'd have been over 90.
Man its amazing how hard it is to get those last few strokes off the card. The curve is exponential. The other day I played about as well as I can play...hit 14 greens, got up and down 3 times...still 3 over par. From the white tees. And these guys hit 3 over par on a tough-ass course from the tips and they hang their head in shame.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Man its amazing how hard it is to get those last few strokes off the card. The curve is exponential. The other day I played about as well as I can play...hit 14 greens, got up and down 3 times...still 3 over par. From the white tees. And these guys hit 3 over par on a tough-ass course from the tips and they hang their head in shame.

The greens must have been a b.i.t.c.h. If I'd hit 14 green and got up and down 3 times it would have been one of the best rounds of my life. Or maybe you had one of my famous in the parking lot drives that always resulted in a double for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.