Chatterbox during games

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Does it annoy anyone else on this board that during the games if we question ANY decisions being made during the games on the chatterbox, we are talked down to and scolded by the "moderators" like Ox and URGatorBait? What is the point of having it open if you are just going to come on and be condescending to your contributors? also, why post pages of chatter after games like you did earlier this year? Lastly, I don't get the people who post the same phrases over and over like "we suck" on it during games... It is legitimate to not like a series during a game or the way the plays are being developed without being called a doomsdayer who says that we suck or the coach should be fired... However, if we are ahead during a game and you question any calls, you get lambasted on the chatterbox... what is the point of having it open during the game? So we can all have a circle jerk?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Because people react to the dumbest sh*t in the most absurdly over the top manner, and it's fun to make fun of it. I'm assuming everyone here is an adult and has watched many, many, MANY football games. We're not going to win every game 65-0 without giving up a yard of offense. Other teams are going to make plays on us, they're going to get first downs on us, they're going to score on us. Just because they do, it doesn't mean the sky is falling. And conversely, we're going to have drives that stall out, we're going to have 3 & outs, we're going to turn the ball over, we're going to miss some field goals, and we're going to have some play calls that make you scratch your head. Just calm down and go with the flow of the game. You'll find it's a lot more enjoyable.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n296874 said:
Just because they do, it doesn't mean the sky is falling
not liking something doesn't always mean that posters think the sky is falling... there is ebb and flow and we all get that...

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Liberal champion of free speech, all the way up until somebody posts a negative opinion of your thoughts. Then it's censorship time.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
censorship/annoyance... yeah... that means the same thing...

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You are free to post your idiotic views, and others are free to ridicule them. Anything else is censorship. Do you think that disallowing someone's posts because you think they are annoying is anything other than censorship? GMAFB.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I find the Chatterbox to be chaotic and never pay it any mind. If it bothers you, don't look at it. Simple as that.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n296888 said:
You are free to post your idiotic views, and others are free to ridicule them. Anything else is censorship. Do you think that disallowing someone's posts because you think they are annoying is anything other than censorship? GMAFB.

Not sure what your issue is with me here... I am just asking if anyone else finds it annoying that our "moderators" try to clamp down on in game discussion... I am not trying to disallow anyone from saying anything... do whatever you like...

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I find that the level of asshattery required to attract the ire of the mods is plenty high enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
GMDGATOR;n296872 said:
Does it annoy anyone else on this board that during the games if we question ANY decisions being made during the games on the chatterbox, we are talked down to and scolded by the "moderators" like Ox and URGatorBait? What is the point of having it open if you are just going to come on and be condescending to your contributors? also, why post pages of chatter after games like you did earlier this year? Lastly, I don't get the people who post the same phrases over and over like "we suck" on it during games... It is legitimate to not like a series during a game or the way the plays are being developed without being called a doomsdayer who says that we suck or the coach should be fired... However, if we are ahead during a game and you question any calls, you get lambasted on the chatterbox... what is the point of having it open during the game? So we can all have a circle jerk?

I have not been on during games but your thoughts are the same no matter where you go to talk about Gator sports. The bottom line is most UF fans are not the most knowledgeable or open minded group out there and think we are great no matter what we do or our eyes see. Most fans are scoreboard watchers only and think a win means everything is great and a loss is doomsday. We just are not process people. For instance, this past Saturday I thought the play calling on offense was horrendous. The flow of the game became obvious and we were struggling, but we kept trying to force things that just were not there. But since we won it is all good. I complain that we have not had a QB toss the ball out of bounds when outside the pocket since they initiiated what I call "legal" intentional grounding. Grier does not do it, Driskel never did, Tebow never did, etc. Why does not the coach take 2 minutes every day at the end of practice rolling QB's out of pocket, screaming "no one open", running a defender at the QB, and having the QB practice tossing it into the 8th row? Simple, but obviously not happening. I am making this point b/c as a Gator fan, you can't be objective, b/c the masses will not be happy with you.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
FireFoley;n296898 said:
For instance, this past Saturday I thought the play calling on offense was horrendous. The flow of the game became obvious and we were struggling, but we kept trying to force things that just were not there
yeah, good thing you weren't on Saturday saying this... Ox and URG were calling us idiots for not liking the playcalling...

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you think the mods on this board are heavy handed, you haven't been on many message boards. Differences of opinion will always exist. The moment you voice yours in a public forum, you open yourself up to criticism. Ox has said it many times, message boards aren't for everybody.

That being said, we lost a pretty good poster after this weekend due to a perceived "offensive tone" in the chat box. I really hate seeing good posters leave due to poor behavior by others. I haven't been scrutinizing everything said in the chat box during games because quite frankly, I'm trying to watch the damn games. At some point, you would hope people would understand it's a public forum and especially the chat box is right out front and in full view of anyone who just happens to stop by. Generally speaking, the average adult should understand the implied assumption that the chat box language should always remain G rated simply because of it's visibility. Unfortunately, not everyone fits into the average adult category.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It's funny. The only time play calling is criticized is when the offense isn't moving the ball well. We called roughly the same number of passes and runs the other night. Grier scrambling skewed the number to 44 rushes and 33 passes, which if he had thrown the ball away, would have been much closer to 50/50. Nobody here knows what the coaching staff has gameplanned each week. Nobody here knows the pool of plays they're drawing from in each situation. Nobody here knows what different looks the opponent is giving to spur on a certain play call.

Not only that, we were up 18 points on a team that couldn't have scored a touchdown if they had 22 guys playing on offense. Do what you need to do to win the game and move on. Mac hammered that point home many times leading up to this season, he's going to do what's necessary to win. In our team's case on Saturday, doing what was necessary to win included short/intermediate passes and runs. If Missouri was good enough to stop them, so be it. They have a good defense. But we ended up with 38 minutes TOP, which I know everyone is allergic to that stat after Muschamp, but that's a HUGE reason why our defense played so well.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Dang, is GMD sensitive. I enjoy tweaking him a bit because he melts down rather easily.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR;n296872 said:
You hold some of the most moronic grudges.

talked down to and scolded? Now you're making shiit up.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR;n296893 said:
Not sure what your issue is with me here... I am just asking if anyone else finds it annoying that our "moderators" try to clamp down on in game discussion... I am not trying to disallow anyone from saying anything... do whatever you like...

So let me get this straight, HogtownGator announced this week that she was outta here because we aren't clamping down in the chatterbox during games, and here you are complaining that we are clamping down too much

You are something else man.

:lmao:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR;n296901 said:
yeah, good thing you weren't on Saturday saying this... Ox and URG were calling us idiots for not liking the playcalling...

Yea that's it. I'm sure it had nothing to do with your over the top comments. Ox can probably pull up the transcripts if he wants to.

I guess telling you to take it easy and go have a beer is "clamping down" :lol:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why are you playing on the internet instead of watching the game...... :fingertap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb