Cheap lawn mower

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I broke down and paid a little more for a Honda lawnmower Heard a guy who fixes mowers Briggs and Stratton engines ain't what they used to be. So far the Honda has been a good mower.
Yeah I have an old craftsman mower with a Honda engine. It is a beast. Never a problem.

Ive had nothing but trouble out of my riding lawnmower with a total piece of shyt Kohler engine. Its down about 1/3 of the time, including right now. I may just take tha mother effer to Lowes and burn it on the parking lot. Total piece of shyt.

My next riding mower will have a Kawasaki or Honda no doubt.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Buy a real mower.... Like mine. Except that stock photo is the wrong deck.... Mine is 61 inch, 26 hp Kohler engine :dance:
OpMan_STCa.jpg

To say I'm disappointed in your choice of lawncare equipment would be an understatement Brad. I fully expected to see something a little more "elite" like this.
combineharvester.jpg

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
To say I'm disappointed in your choice of lawncare equipment would be an understatement Brad. I fully expected to see something a little more "elite" like this.
combineharvester.jpg
Or an army of those robot mowers.

BN-NN210_mowweb_P_20160412151533.jpg

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

That's definitely what Brad would have.
Now that you've shown it to him, I wouldn't be surprised if he put in an order for 5 of those things :lol:

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
There's really not much to fix on a lawn mower engine . Most common problems are spark or fuel. Spark is produced by the coil and plug. Fuel is mixed with air and sent to the combustion chamber by the Carbuerator. If it's an internal problem, it's cheaper to roll the mower to the curb and buy a new one.

I'm really not mechanically inclined at all. If the mower isn't working, I have to take it to somebody to fix it. Given that, I'd rather have one that is less prone to fall apart.

I got cute and bought a used mower before the new Honda. Damn things quit working after two mows. Sometimes I have to remind myself that there is also value in my time and convenience,

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014

How do these work? Do they just go around randomly and have sensors for obstacles, or do they actually have a GPS system that would direct it to a pre-directed route? Modern day combines use GPS and you pretty much sit back and let it go.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How do these work? Do they just go around randomly and have sensors for obstacles, or do they actually have a GPS system that would direct it to a pre-directed route? Modern day combines use GPS and you pretty much sit back and let it go.

No clue. I just googled a pic for Brad. I know Roomba's which are robot vacuums do the first. Don't know if it would work for yards too since it is usually a much larger area.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Everything is Included
The Landroid comes with everything you need to install and run your Landroid. The Charging Base plugs into your standard outlet and charges the Landroid within 45 minutes. The Landroid includes 590 feet of perimeter wire to create a perimeter around your yard. You can either create a small trench and bury the wire or use the 200 installation pegs and allow the grass to grow over the wire that sits on top of the ground. The Landroid even comes with 9 replacement blades (3 sets of 3), so you are ready to go when it is time to replace them.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm really not mechanically inclined at all. If the mower isn't working, I have to take it to somebody to fix it. Given that, I'd rather have one that is less prone to fall apart.

I got cute and bought a used mower before the new Honda. Damn things quit working after two mows. Sometimes I have to remind myself that there is also value in my time and convenience,
Between this and the attic thread you aren't doing yourself any favors :lol:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I broke down and paid a little more for a Honda lawnmower Heard a guy who fixes mowers Briggs and Stratton engines ain't what they used to be. So far the Honda has been a good mower.

I've run through quite a few different lawn mowers. My last one was a Toro one pull start and didn't work after the 10th time or so. I have it to Goodwill. I'm back to a trusty Honda lawnmower. My last one lasted about 10 years. My new one is awesome. I'll never stray again.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I have a Troy bilt with a one pull Briggs engine. Have had it 4 years and it gets a lot of work. I have a large yard and am meticulous about the lawn. Thing runs like a dream.

Couple simple tricks to make them last for years.
1) if possible, only run non ethanol in your mower. The gas won't gel and clog the carbs if you use non ethanol.

2) at the end of the season, drain the tank. Just tip the mower over and get the gas out. Then put a few ozs of fuel stabilizer like stabil or seafoam in it and run it till it dies on its own. If you have a safety lever, use a zip tie or just suck it up for 5 mins.

Doing this will keep it cranking every time. If you can't run non eth, don't allow the gas to sit in the mower more than 3 weeks. And don't use gas that's more than a month old.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have a Troy bilt with a one pull Briggs engine. Have had it 4 years and it gets a lot of work. I have a large yard and am meticulous about the lawn. Thing runs like a dream.

Couple simple tricks to make them last for years.
1) if possible, only run non ethanol in your mower. The gas won't gel and clog the carbs if you use non ethanol.

2) at the end of the season, drain the tank. Just tip the mower over and get the gas out. Then put a few ozs of fuel stabilizer like stabil or seafoam in it and run it till it dies on its own. If you have a safety lever, use a zip tie or just suck it up for 5 mins.

Doing this will keep it cranking every time. If you can't run non eth, don't allow the gas to sit in the mower more than 3 weeks. And don't use gas that's more than a month old.

Get a Honda and you don't have to do any of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb