Check out my retirement gift

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Congrats on your retirement, thank you for your service, and Go Gators!

***Also, in the Mac years my mom had breast cancer, luckily, I had an in through a law school classmate and former Florida kicker to have Mac send her well wishes. That was difficult enough with the connection, I can only imagine what it took to get you that helmet

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I appreciate you for your service. Congrats on the retirement and for the well deserved gift.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Hey congratulations BMF! Enjoy your next chapter. Thank you for committing your best years to serving our beloved country.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Congratulations on your graduation to a second career. Thank you, Coastie, for your service and commitment to the Republic.

Last edited:

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Outstanding BMF! Congratulations on your retirement and thank you for your service.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Those are all very cool gifts!

Congratulations on your retirement and don't fret over finding a new career...it'll find you.

Enjoy the fam.

#Gator Bait
:chomp:

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Congratulations on your retirement BMF! And thanks for all your service to our country and time spent helping make Gatorchatter my go to for anything Gator.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Welcome to the retiree ranks BMF! Thank you for your service to our country. A whole new road will open before you now... enjoy it!

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
First off, congrats BMF. That is awesome - the retirement and the game used helmet. Good luck on all of your next endeavors. As I see all of the Tampa references in this thread, I think we should have a GatorChatter watch party somewhere in the area.

Also, in the Mac years my mom had breast cancer, luckily, I had an in through a law school classmate and former Florida kicker to have Mac send her well wishes. That was difficult enough with the connection, I can only imagine what it took to get you that helmet

The UAA, during the era of the sockless, Belk-dressing, death-threat-dreaming, doofus, was pretty good about this type of thing. My younger son, at 7 years old, wrote Mac a preseason letter to coach our team better this time. I found it hysterical that at 7 he was already imploring top notch performance and knew this fool wasn't bringing it.

Anyway, his crayon written letter asking that Mac coach better, but avoid cheating (in the wake of Grier), was responded to with a brief letter, a signed poster, and a medium men's Gator shirt. I mean, its still the UAA and their platoon of fuch-ups. At least 6 years from now, the kid will have a free Gator T-shirt he can fit into.

Side note - I am 95% positive that kicker law school buddy of Truth's had an application cross my desk a few years ago. Unfortunately, he kicked better than he law-schooled. I only read the application as far as I did because I recognized the name. Second, he made a weird error in his cover letter by leaving out a period (or semicolon) and misplacing a critical comma that suggested he was lucky his mom got breast cancer, opposed to lucky that she didn't get to see him have his kicked blocked in a loss to SC.

Side side note - Just kidding Truth (though I did get your buddy's resume); my mom is a recent survivor, having been diagnosed and largely cured in 2019. I hope your mother made it through and is healthy today.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Congratulations on the retirement and thanks for the many years of service!

Still got 19 years and 6 months before I retire, but who's counting.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Side side note - Just kidding Truth (though I did get your buddy's resume); my mom is a recent survivor, having been diagnosed and largely cured in 2019. I hope your mother made it through and is healthy today.

The grammatical error is what I get for rushing a comment on my phone in a mall food court with my nephew yelling in the background. Lol. Although, it was lucky my aunt was diagnosed a few months before my mom because it caused my mom to get checked and they found it early. She missed the majority of the 2016 season, but did travel to Oxford and Gainesville with me so far this season (as well as many since 2017). She and both her sisters battled breast cancer at the same time and helped each other through. Last year they went to Europe to celebrate. Glad to hear that your mom survived as well.

Maybe I forgot, but I didn't realize you did something that would bring his name across your desk. Granted, he could cover several areas from my understanding.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
The grammatical error is what I get for rushing a comment on my phone in a mall food court with my nephew yelling in the background. Lol. Although, it was lucky my aunt was diagnosed a few months before my mom because it caused my mom to get checked and they found it early. She missed the majority of the 2016 season, but did travel to Oxford and Gainesville with me so far this season (as well as many since 2017). She and both her sisters battled breast cancer at the same time and helped each other through. Last year they went to Europe to celebrate. Glad to hear that your mom survived as well.

Maybe I forgot, but I didn't realize you did something that would bring his name across your desk. Granted, he could cover several areas from my understanding.

Glad to hear about your family all doing well and knowing to take the time to enjoy it! Breast cancer really is a great example of the value of spending money on a disease. The mortality rate, if caught early, is really low.

As to what I do, it doesn't usually come up in here, but his resume showed up when I was the head of a law firm practice group in an Amlaw 200 firm, so I did a lot of hiring analysis (this makes me seem older than I am by writing I "was" the head. I'm about a year or two younger than Ox, but quit that job during the Rona and started my own firm). Based on your friend being a UF law student at about the same time frame as you - which I've gleaned from other posts - and a UF kicker, then he applied either as a summer associate or closer to graduation. I can't recall, but he was not already a practicing attorney. I was also joking about his grades as I have no real recollection.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
@BMF
As always, we all appreciate your many years of service. Best of luck in your retirement and God bless you, ya Bad Mother F*C*ER!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator