Cheerleaders: Sports or not?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
*Competitive* cheerleading may be a sport. But cheerleading on the sidelines is just weird and archaic faux-pep used to disguise sexual objectification of girls your daughter's age. Shame on all of you. RULE NUMBER #1: Any 'sport' that gives male spectators a boner is not a sport. That includes figure skating for all you homos out there. This also means that women's beach volleyball, especially if it involves the Brazilian or Italian teams, is...unfortunately...NOT A SPORT.

RULE #2: Any 'sport' that does not involve a competitive element is...NOT A SPORT. We're looking right at you, professional wrestling. Despite ESPN's best efforts to classify it otherwise, at its very, very, best professional wrestling is nothing more than bad community theatre. There are enough closeted rednecks who watch these jellyrolls in very tight and skimpy attire that it could definitely go into category #1 as well.

RULE #3: Any 'sport' that involves "fake" anything, including stupid props, is...NOT A SPORT. My cousin, who was a five-time world champion kickboxer once said to me, "Karate is fake fighting for pu$$ies." Karate is, therefore...NOT A SPORT. Also in that category is dressage, which is every bit as gay as figure skating and involves stupid props. And, oh my God you fkkn college dorks, if you are on an intermural Quidditch team, get thee to a nunnery (whore house), asap and bring a wad of cash. You are in desperate need of female companionship. NOT A SPORT.

RULE #4: If you can compete at an elite level in a 'sport' and you are barely able to make it around the block because you are stricken with heart disease from lack of fkkn exercise, bad diet, and smoking, it is, absolutely, positively, NOT A SPORT. Billiards, Bowling, Horseshoes, Darts, Cornhole, etc.. (These cornhole a$$holes take themselves so frikken seriously and every single one of them are heart attack patients-in-waiting.) Along those lines, if you are a dork, nerd, geek, or nimrod, and you are playing at an elite level in a 'sport' (i.e. chess, video games, spelling bees - WTF ESPN? - and the aforementioned Quidditch), it is...it goes without saying...NOT A SPORT.
You wanna know what else is "every bit as gay as figure skating?" Using the word "dressage."

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
*Competitive* cheerleading may be a sport. But cheerleading on the sidelines is just weird and archaic faux-pep used to disguise sexual objectification of girls your daughter's age. Shame on all of you. RULE NUMBER #1: Any 'sport' that gives male spectators a boner is not a sport. That includes figure skating for all you homos out there. This also means that women's beach volleyball, especially if it involves the Brazilian or Italian teams, is...unfortunately...NOT A SPORT.

RULE #2: Any 'sport' that does not involve a competitive element is...NOT A SPORT. We're looking right at you, professional wrestling. Despite ESPN's best efforts to classify it otherwise, at its very, very, best professional wrestling is nothing more than bad community theatre. There are enough closeted rednecks who watch these jellyrolls in very tight and skimpy attire that it could definitely go into category #1 as well.

RULE #3: Any 'sport' that involves "fake" anything, including stupid props, is...NOT A SPORT. My cousin, who was a five-time world champion kickboxer once said to me, "Karate is fake fighting for pu$$ies." Karate is, therefore...NOT A SPORT. Also in that category is dressage, which is every bit as gay as figure skating and involves stupid props. And, oh my God you fkkn college dorks, if you are on an intermural Quidditch team, get thee to a nunnery (whore house), asap and bring a wad of cash. You are in desperate need of female companionship. NOT A SPORT.

RULE #4: If you can compete at an elite level in a 'sport' and you are barely able to make it around the block because you are stricken with heart disease from lack of fkkn exercise, bad diet, and smoking, it is, absolutely, positively, NOT A SPORT. Billiards, Bowling, Horseshoes, Darts, Cornhole, etc.. (These cornhole a$$holes take themselves so frikken seriously and every single one of them are heart attack patients-in-waiting.) Along those lines, if you are a dork, nerd, geek, or nimrod, and you are playing at an elite level in a 'sport' (i.e. chess, video games, spelling bees - WTF ESPN? - and the aforementioned Quidditch), it is...it goes without saying...NOT A SPORT.

Poetry as usual

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BS. stripping is most definitely a sport!
Disagree. It is an amalgam of theater and dance, arts not sports. Comparatively speaking, however, depending on the performer, target heart rate, fluid loss/intake, and elevated respiration can match that of any sport. The participation fees can be prohibitive, though.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
You wanna know what else is "every bit as gay as figure skating?" Using the word "dressage."

dude driving GIF

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Dressage: A 'sport" where horses are involved and tight pants are the norm for the female riders.
If your bank account balance has less than 7 digits to the left of the decimal point you can't afford to play.
These folks don't blink at spending a half million on a truck and trailer, Horses can easily cost more.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
There are 2 rules for it to be a sport.

You have to break a sweat while playing and there must be a proponent to keep your opponent from scoring.

Cheerleading doesn't have the latter. Bowling has neither. Billiards plays defense but no swesting. Golf has no defense but can sweat if you drink enough beer.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I love cheerleaders. My first GF was one and in that outfit she was delectable. But on the sidelines in HS basketball (annoying) in football (never noticed while playing)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator