Chip Kelly and Scott Frost; Frost gets extension after 8-13 record

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He’s just not going to get the athletes at Nebraska that he had at UCF to make his offense go. Plus he’s playing actual defenses now.

Although I think Mullen was the right coach, Frost would’ve done very well here.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Holy mother of God. They must love his 8-13 record. I just don't understand doing something like this when a coach already has multiple years left on his deal.

All this is going to do is jack up the buyout next year.

Although it makes sense for them to not extend his contract, I think it’s pretty common that this usually happens. He’s a legacy. When they bring in a legacy they tend to give them a lot more wiggle room.

See Harbaugh.

if Tebow ended up succeeding Mullen, if he had a couple early not successful seasons, there’s no way that UF would fire him as quickly as they did Mac. Muschamp would’ve been fired as quickly as Mac was. The only reason they didn’t do it Was because injuries were so catastrophic that year they weren’t sure how they could deal with the perception of firing a coach like that.

If FSU brought in Deion sanders, he would get five years. Regardless of the outcome on the field.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He’s just not going to get the athletes at Nebraska that he had at UCF to make his offense go. Plus he’s playing actual defenses now.

Although I think Mullen was the right coach, Frost would’ve done very well here.
Mullen has kind of done well here too!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I guess the AD's at ND and Neb., got their degrees from the University of Foley...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wonder if Frost has misgivings over bringing the entire staff from Orlando with him? 65th in total offense, 73rd in total defense. As it turns out, Nebraska doesn’t do anything particularly well.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Smart move. Nebraska is showing improvement and the linear trend analysis has him losing only five games in 2026.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Love this. It will be used by the media as a cudgel to smote FSU for firing WiLLLLLLLie.
Underrated point. And seriously - the dichotomy is a bit troubling. There is no discernible difference in performance relative to competition (recruiting or on field) but one is fired while the other is extended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.