Chip Kelly effect

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Don’t try with FF. He’s actually never been wrong.... because he only postulates after it happens. King of hindsight.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This continues to bother me: are we sure Foley did not? I am not convinced the boosters want a high flying football program. They certainly have not gone public with any pressure and do not seem to be overly concerned with lack of football facility development. Do you think Foley went rogue of the boosters when he said that we were not getting into an arms race? If you follow the money - or lack thereof - it seems more logical that our boosters did not want to get into a donations/arm race and Foley just delivered that message.

I would postulate that Foley’s biggest issue was an inability to motivate the boosters with a football vision.

I can’t imagine the boosters not wanting an elite team. They’re just like us, alums whose school pride is closely identified with the football program.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I can’t imagine the boosters not wanting an elite team. They’re just like us, alums whose school pride is closely identified with the football program.
@Durty South Swamp claims to know some influential boosters and they were more than satisfied with Muschamp. Does that vision align with an elite program?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
@Durty South Swamp claims to know some influential boosters and they were more than satisfied with Muschamp. Does that vision align with an elite program?

It aligns with a floor-level football IQ if you ask me. That’s just a few people. I don’t put a lot of stock in it indicating a trend.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Don’t try with FF. He’s actually never been wrong.... because he only postulates after it happens. King of hindsight.
And extremely proud of it. If you don't think he knows everything, just ask him. He'll be happy to tell you all about it - in the snarkiest tone possible.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
It aligns with a floor-level football IQ if you ask me. That’s just a few people. I don’t put a lot of stock in it indicating a trend.
How many Bull Gators do you think there are? It does not take much to be influential.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How many Bull Gators do you think there are? It does not take much to be influential.

Enough that a few of them being polled as liking Muschamp, possibly after the 2012 season, doesn’t mean a whole lot.

I’m not a Bull Gator but I’ve sat in the box for a game. There’s a few clowns in every group.

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
I believe chip Kelly will be fired and eventually go to a smaller school and will finally have some success. He won't win at UCLA the writing is on the wall.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

I don;t know if you just like to view things in your own way, if you are truly unintelligent or you just don;t read. I am the least hindsight person on the board and have been since its inception. I posit my opinions and admit when they were wrong. I was never a Chip guy at OU and when he went to the NFL I thought he would fail. Just as I never wanted Cousin Eddie and still don;t. Yes I am surprised by the overall record, but I still believe my view will be correct b/c of what I see. but when I see different I will say so. I have been on the Mike sux for 3 years. Is that hindsight? No. I genuinely do not care what your views are of me, but calling me hindsight is just plain wrong. FYI I have been wrong quite often in my life, but seeing those mistakes early allowed me to achieve the comfort I enjoy now. Hindsight implies reaction to me. Seeing mistakes early is proaction. I have always chosen the latter.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Just checked rivals. Kelly started off okay, competitive with UF at 19th, but has since fallen to 44th and now 29th. If Kelly could once recruit, he no longer can--not even to the level of Butters.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
”The lagging results can be attributed to several factors, according to high school coaches, players and recruiting experts, including a team that’s off to an abysmal start under Kelly, a coaching staff that is being outhustled by its competitors and an evaluation of recruits that may be overly discriminating.“

“They’re more selective,” O’Shea said of UCLA’s recruiting approach. “Oregon is offering 500 guys and [UCLA is] offering 50 guys.”

UCLA is struggling on the football field and in recruiting

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
J he no longer can--not even to the level of Butters.
He is apparently being way too selective for his current level of "success" at UCLA.

Butters was just tue laziest fvkker on ghe planet, gave up and took Sunbelters or high school backups. No one else has achieved that level of failure.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As the flop he was in the NFL (they unemployed him) you'd think he would be thrilled at the chance to 'recoach' in CFB? No, he just punishes UCLA.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I don;t know if you just like to view things in your own way, if you are truly unintelligent or you just don;t read. I am the least hindsight person on the board and have been since its inception. I posit my opinions and admit when they were wrong. I was never a Chip guy at OU and when he went to the NFL I thought he would fail. Just as I never wanted Cousin Eddie and still don;t. Yes I am surprised by the overall record, but I still believe my view will be correct b/c of what I see. but when I see different I will say so. I have been on the Mike sux for 3 years. Is that hindsight? No. I genuinely do not care what your views are of me, but calling me hindsight is just plain wrong. FYI I have been wrong quite often in my life, but seeing those mistakes early allowed me to achieve the comfort I enjoy now. Hindsight implies reaction to me. Seeing mistakes early is proaction. I have always chosen the latter.
Odd that multiple people hold the very same view of you on this very board. Maybe it’s time for some introspection. Doubt it will happen but you never know. Start with “why am I an insufferable know it all” then work your way from there.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not seeing it, Seabee. I’m an FF fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads