Chip Kelly fired....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
I'm ok with it, but you're talking about as much a hired gun as we've ever had, including Meyer. When he bails in 4-6 years, how many are going to despise everything he ever did here, even if it includes titles?
1. I'll take the titles

2. Where is he gonna go? The NFL? Lol
Leaving a job like uf for another college job is unheard of. Urban did it bc he was scared of saban and can't handle losing just like ronda rousey

Gatorbait_007

Jan 14, 2016
What did the 49ers expect they practically have the worst offensive roster in football. They aren't strutting Montana out there on Sunday.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm ok with it, but you're talking about as much a hired gun as we've ever had, including Meyer. When he bails in 4-6 years, how many are going to despise everything he ever did here, even if it includes titles?

They said the same about Saban.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
.....after the final NFL regular season game, are the Kelly pumpers going to start up with him again? I get it, but I just do not think you can win this conference playing sideways football. Not supporting Butters b/c he blows chunks, but let's get a real Head Coach next time!
People said the same about Meyer's system. How'd That workout? Kelly can coach. Whether or not he'd want to recruit is another story.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
What's the difference between that and having to fire-hire a New HC every 3-4 yrs? If we got Kelly I'd take that 4-6 years over the disaster we've seen since 2010.

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I guess that depends upon whether he left a program in shatters with a string of rapists and murderers in his wake, with a taint on Florida football that will stain us for decades.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I guess that depends upon whether he left a program in shatters with a string of rapists and murderers in his wake, with a taint on Florida football that will stain us for decades.
Our style of play the last seven years has tainted the program far more than Aaron Hernandez.

The fact that we have Gator fans turning their nose up at Chip Kelly after the ****show we've been through for 7 years now is incomprehensible.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Trying to think what big programs could fire their coach after next season and compete with us for Kelly. Notre Dame possibly? I think Auburn would consider it if they have another 4 loss season. Did LSU set it up where they could fire their coach easily after a year.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Our style of play the last seven years has tainted the program far more than Aaron Hernandez.

The fact that we have Gator fans turning their nose up at Chip Kelly after the ****show we've been through for 7 years now is incomprehensible.

It's also part of the reason the program in in the current state that it is. Buddy of mine is a big UVA fan and always uses the old "our student-athletes actually have to go to class and don't get indicted for murder or beating up on women". I told him that maybe that's the thing those big donors in Richmond, VA think about when the Hoos get ass raped by VT every year?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
They said the same about Saban.

What's the difference between that and having to fire-hire a New HC every 3-4 yrs? If we got Kelly I'd take that 4-6 years over the disaster we've seen since 2010.

I think you're all missing my point here. As I said, I'd gladly take him as head coach. I just find it funny that some here have this disdain for Meyer, but essentially want a 2.0 version. He's not a Florida guy, has no roots or loyalty here, and may very well bounce after any reasonable amount of success. I'm not guaranteeing it, or even predicting it necessarily. Nor am I debating whether or not his short term success and subsequent leaving would be better or worse for us. My question was would we be ok with that scenario, or would we add him to the hated list as we've largely done with Meyer.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly what did Kelly do at Oregon? **** the bed as a .500 coach in the postseason for starters. He'll sit a year then take whatever is the best PAC 12 opening after next season.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I think you're all missing my point here. As I said, I'd gladly take him as head coach. I just find it funny that some here have this disdain for Meyer, but essentially want a 2.0 version. He's not a Florida guy, has no roots or loyalty here, and may very well bounce after any reasonable amount of success. I'm not guaranteeing it, or even predicting it necessarily. Nor am I debating whether or not his short term success and subsequent leaving would be better or worse for us. My question was would we be ok with that scenario, or would we add him to the hated list as we've largely done with Meyer.

I totally get what you are saying. My take on Kelly is a little different, in that I think UF could be a final destination job for him. He's been a bust in the NFL, and has a reputation as a bridge burner there. I don't see him ever going back at this point. As for the college scene, he's from New Hampshire. It doesn't appear that he would have some kind of deep-burning desire to return to his roots to coach a regional superpower like Urban did (ND, OSU, and maybe UM). I think he could build a monster of a program with the talent we have in this state, and possibly be very satisfied with his lofty status as a sort of demigod, if he did so. He has a huge ego, and loves the praise and pampering that would inevitably come along if he built a perennial title contender here. If he gets fired from Frisco, and shows even the slightest interest in us, I'd be fine with the new AD completely crushing everything about our current condition to hire him. I have no faith that anything Mac is doing will ultimately work.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Why would he come here when his success came at a school second only to bama when it comes to resources. Our problems are from the president down to the guy washing jerseys and everyone in college football knows it except most gator fans including Chip Kelly.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
For the love of God can we just stop picking up other peoples trash around here? Fired twice recently coaches, coaches who can't win the Mountain West, Coaches with no prior experience......none of the above will make any of our 5th string Purdue transfers, 3 time, 5 foot 9 Oregon State transfers or Kyle "I was a starter in Middle School" Trash errrrr Trask any better.....If were going to throw a sh!t ton of money at a West Coast guy that likes to cheat back the fn" truck up to the Seattle Seahawks front office and make Pete Carroll an offer he can't refuse......SMH....

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I'm ready for a win at all cost coach and staff, I hate losing the "right way", fock it

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Kelly will never see Gainesville unless he is on vacation or on the apposing sideline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.