Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What has Kelly won?
49 out of 56 games with some of the most exciting football ever seen. Fans actually wanted to come to the games, can you believe that? They occasionally even made it through entire games on TV without switching them off in disgust!

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Defensive coaches have caught on to his zone read scheme. Sure it works, look at bama but Bama also throws the ball down field and has a stable RBs to find the sh!T out of opposing defenses. I like option football w zone and screen concepts. I just think that the defensive coordinators in the SEC will slow it down and stop him. Especially w the roster w have at the surrent time.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What has Kelly won?

His conference a bunch and some BCS games I think. As the OC he turned that offense around immediately and won 3 straight outright PAC 10/12 conference championships as a head coach. He was the first PAC 10/12 coach to ever win the conference outright as a first year head coach. He would have played for the national championship a 2nd time if his kicker could have made a field goal in a couple of tries against Stanford.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Nick Wagoner

The 49ers season finally, mercifully came to an end with Sunday's 25-23 loss to the Seattle Seahawks. The Niners end the year with a 2-14 record and now head into an offseason full of question marks. Sweeping changes are expected soon, including the dismissal of GM Trent Baalke and coach Chip Kelly. And upon hiring their replacements, the Niners will truly begin a rebuild that really should have started three years ago.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now we just need to root for USC, Notre Dame and Auburn to not have real bad seasons next year.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
It's also part of the reason the program in in the current state that it is. Buddy of mine is a big UVA fan and always uses the old "our student-athletes actually have to go to class and don't get indicted for murder or beating up on women". I told him that maybe that's the thing those big donors in Richmond, VA think about when the Hoos get ass raped by VT every year?

Is this the same UVA where a female LAX player was raped and killed by a male LAX player a few years ago? Yeah, I thought so.

Maybe you can remind your buddy living in his glass house.

Last edited:

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Trying to think what big programs could fire their coach after next season and compete with us for Kelly. Notre Dame possibly? I think Auburn would consider it if they have another 4 loss season. Did LSU set it up where they could fire their coach easily after a year.

Screw next year, hire him (or someone else) NOW!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Report about Kelly:

The former 49ers coach tells Jay Glazer that he’s open to taking an NFL offensive coordinator job. Kelly was also asked by Bruce Feldman if he’s open to returning to college and said, “I evaluate all jobs individually. I wouldn't rule anything out.” Feldman adds that some schools are contemplating making changes this month if they can land Kelly.

Would be interesting to see what schools these would be.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Report about Kelly:

The former 49ers coach tells Jay Glazer that he’s open to taking an NFL offensive coordinator job. Kelly was also asked by Bruce Feldman if he’s open to returning to college and said, “I evaluate all jobs individually. I wouldn't rule anything out.” Feldman adds that some schools are contemplating making changes this month if they can land Kelly.

Would be interesting to see what schools these would be.

You'd think ND at the top of the list. Not sure about anybody else though

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
You'd think ND at the top of the list. Not sure about anybody else though

ND makes sense. How about Arizona, Arizona State, and Texas A&M? And, how about Tennessee (likely couldn't afford to) or Ole Miss?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I dont see a big name school making a move this late. I also would be surprised if an NFL team wanted him as their OC for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator