Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Meh ... I'll pass. Retired Army CW3 ... I probably would flip a master chief off and tell them go eat a box of c0cks

Army Engineer 77-81, right out of UF AROTC. Left active duty a CPT. And I ALWAYS respected my CWs. They knew more about Army Engineering and maintenance of equipment (esp maintenance) then I could ever forget.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concerning the planes. The stories about Shands possibly using them is 100% true. Shands only owns helicopters. So it is possible that they could be using one or both planes, but it is extremely unlikely.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
Army Engineer 77-81, right out of UF AROTC. Left active duty a CPT. And I ALWAYS respected my CWs. They knew more about Army Engineering and maintenance of equipment (esp maintenance) then I could ever forget.

My dad was in the AFROTC program at Florida during that time ... instructor. Fond memories for me as a kid being on campus while he worked or during the mandatory fun events

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
Concerning the planes. The stories about Shands possibly using them is 100% true. Shands only owns helicopters. So it is possible that they could be using one or both planes, but it is extremely unlikely.

I think this is true. It appears to be the same flight path as yesterday.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Shands leases the choppers and pilot but supplies flight nurses..... Unless they've changed from a couple years ago.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Shands leases the choppers and pilot but supplies flight nurses..... Unless they've changed from a couple years ago.
That may still be the case. I was just told that they have copters, but I don’t think it’s a significant distinction if they own or lease, they control on either scenario

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I hear we're vetting CK's list of possible assistants. Just something I heard....may or may not be reliable.

I saw Neil post that on his blog also... not sure if you heard it from there or not... would actually be more interesting if you didn't...

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
UPDATE 3:10pm (Joey Vizzi): First, the main news: multiple sources have confirmed that Chip Kelly has accepted the job in principle. But there is a holdup.

Throughout the time in which Kelly has been unemployed, he’s kept a running list of assistant coaches he would want to bring along with him to his next head coaching job, wherever he would be. That way, when he accepted the job, he could then run through his list and assemble his staff within a day or two- which with the newly introduced early signing period this year becomes critical.

The University is now in the process of vetting each and every one of these assistants, much like they did with Kelly. I do not have names of the assistant coaches at this time, but logic indicates that at least some of them were at Oregon while the NCAA violations occurred, hence the need to vet them.

The deal is still not signed as of yet because Kelly wants to be assured that he can fill his entire staff with his hand picked guys. That indicates that no current assistants, with the possible yet unlikely exception of JaJuan Seider, will be retained.

But the bottom line is this: at this point, the only way Florida does not hire Chip Kelly is if the University receives negative results in its vetting process of his wish list of assistant coaches, will not allow Kelly to bring one or more of them on as an assistant, and if this disagreement happens in a fashion that pisses Kelly off so much that he decides he doesn’t want to coach under this administration.

Now he is reporting this update....pretty detailed at that. Is he really a fraud? This sounds believable to me, but I don't have any street cred myself.

If this is the final hurdle, then I'd say prepare the champagne if there's been any truth to anything. I looked at the charges that the NCAA filed against Oregon at the time and everything seems to revolve around a 2010 $25,000 payment to one Willie Lyles of a Houston recruiting service called Complete Scouting Services. Lyles was providing cash and free lodging to an Oregon prospect. Kelly took full responsibility even though it was concluded he had no direct involvement or knowledge and even at the time, pundits felt the situation would be no impediment to his future NFL or even collegiate employment after the 18 month ban he received. Kelly owned up to the fact that he needed to be more on top of what others were doing. They also felt the situation really had very little to do with his departure for Philly. Lyles may have been connected to the recruiting staff, but it doesn't look like he was an on-field assistant coach of the sort this post suggests are getting vetted atm by UF. Now if Kelly is also pushing for assistant staff who were involved well.....

and we wait ........

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
UPDATE 3:10pm (Joey Vizzi): First, the main news: multiple sources have confirmed that Chip Kelly has accepted the job in principle. But there is a holdup.

Throughout the time in which Kelly has been unemployed, he’s kept a running list of assistant coaches he would want to bring along with him to his next head coaching job, wherever he would be. That way, when he accepted the job, he could then run through his list and assemble his staff within a day or two- which with the newly introduced early signing period this year becomes critical.

The University is now in the process of vetting each and every one of these assistants, much like they did with Kelly. I do not have names of the assistant coaches at this time, but logic indicates that at least some of them were at Oregon while the NCAA violations occurred, hence the need to vet them.

The deal is still not signed as of yet because Kelly wants to be assured that he can fill his entire staff with his hand picked guys. That indicates that no current assistants, with the possible yet unlikely exception of JaJuan Seider, will be retained.

But the bottom line is this: at this point, the only way Florida does not hire Chip Kelly is if the University receives negative results in its vetting process of his wish list of assistant coaches, will not allow Kelly to bring one or more of them on as an assistant, and if this disagreement happens in a fashion that pisses Kelly off so much that he decides he doesn’t want to coach under this administration.

Now he is reporting this update....pretty detailed at that. Is he really a fraud? This sounds believable to me, but I don't have any street cred myself.

I hear we're vetting CK's list of possible assistants. Just something I heard....may or may not be reliable.

Wow.... thanks for the new and exciting information!!!

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
welcome home

the Donk will be by soon to verbally assault you but that's all part of the hazing.

Looking forward to it!
Membership at GCMB is an honor and a privilege...just be careful what you agree to with Law and his induction "rituals."

images

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Do we trust Neil? Or is this more smoke

Trust a guy who lives in the NE and until last year had not been to a UF game... probably not... although the JoeV guy who works for him is apparently on the radio...?

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
This sucks. Yesterday we were chasing planes and rumors. What are we gonna do when the hire is done? Time to set up an appointment with a therapist.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I don’t know. But he acts like he knows a lot more than he does. And he acts like it’s fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb