Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If we have nothing to be ashamed of then why will every single one of our rivals, and even the programs that aren't our rivals, be laughing their asses off at us? Why will it completely destroy our recruiting momentum? It will be the most publicized coaching search failure in the age of social media.

If CK chooses UCLA we will be looking at being in the unenviable situation where the only chance of saving face will be to pay a guy fuking 7 million dollars a year whose claim to fame is one and a half good seasons as UCF's head coach. And if we miss on both CK and SF then the hiring of SS is going to look very questionable and we deserve to eat the public sh*t sandwich we will be served. False bravado will just make us look more pathetic. You take your beating, let your rivals have their laugh then tell them we are picking up the pieces and moving forward and the guys who were in charge of this get a big ding on their record, and their are no 3rd chances so they know where they stand going forward.

All these "well if he doesn't want to bow to the Gator Brand WDWHA" and "we gave it our best shot and can hold our heads up high" makes us sound even more pathetic, more Tennessee-like and is the same pumper bullsh#t we've been hearing for how many years now?

Before we fast-forward to the assumption that everyone will laugh at us, let's maybe first find out why flako Kelly apparently did a 180. Was it more the man or the UF initiative? I have full confidence that if we didn't commit a real error here that the truth will come out and we'll be exonerated. I mean, we made a play at the guy, right? F*ck the rivals. You do what's in your best interest and live with the results.

Re Frost, not a chance that anyone, us included, throws 7M USD at a second-year coach. 5.5? Maybe.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Hard to go to Frost and say the first girl we asked out said no.... umm you wanna maybe if you know coach my team...When Nebraska has been making offers already and letting him know that he is their first choice.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
What if he just much rather live in LA than Gainesville and no matter how appealing our offer is, nothing can change that? Did we still blow it?
Is it well documented that we flew a plane to the guy's house with the AD, lawyers, and the GD President of the University!! then let it leak out that it was a done deal?

Answer that question and I think the answer to yours becomes pretty obvious.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Actually, forgot about him, but another. One from the west who wants to coach again. The grass eater.

I was hoping people would get a laugh out of Phil Fulmer even being mentioned. I know you meant the Grass Eater. But he's Dan Mullen who smells like corndogs instead of cow shyt.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Kiffin is a 40 year old adolescent that is always a minute away from embarrassing the hell out of you. How many coaches do you know that were fired on the tarmac and left off the plane home? Al Davis? One night stand with the Vols? Gimme a fuggin break with the Kiffey BS.

Agreed! Hire Kiffen and you have to hire a babysitter to manage his mouth and a surgeon to treat his self-inflicted wounds

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I can also confirm that Frost is the backup plan, but they expect quite a battle with Nebraska.
Not a bad back up plan. I hope they are contacting the BG's now to open up the wallets. If we miss on Kelly they can't miss on Frost. Major drop off from him to the next in line, imo.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Not a bad back up plan. I hope they are contacting the BG's now to open up the wallets. If we miss on Kelly they can't miss on Frost. Major drop off from him to the next in line, imo.

Yep, if we blew the CK deal the price on Frost will be ridiculous. I will bett SS never played a hand of poker in his life.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Tell me you all weren't worried just a teensy weensy bit that Kelly was a whack job.

PjxUz7p.gif

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
Thought...Is Del Rio giving up his 27th year of eligibility because he knows he will not have a place in Kelly's offense?

OtownGator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There is a guy out there thats won a national title in the SEC. Not advocating, just saying. He'd be a stop gap measure type fill is all.
My source says that Arkansas is picking up chizik so basically he is off the board for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.