Status
Not open for further replies.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The President of a university has a LOT more important things on his or her mind than athletics. I'm very proud that UF has finally cracked the Top 10 in academics among public schools. If you want to fire Dr. Fuchs over this, you are an absolute idiot. As a university professor myself (IT and Cyber Security), I can definitely attest to this.
im talking about the athletic dept you nitwit, not the pres. The UA office, ya know the one that has driven us right into a ditch? We all know Fuchs had zip to do with it. But it’s a national embarrassment to trot him out there for a grade A catfishing.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The idea of SOS as interim is so retarded it makes we completely disregard anything else you type. The game completely passed him by. Did you not see him quit his last job in the middle of the season (which no one does ever, unless they have a terminal disease or just got busted banging a coed) as the worst recruiter and game-day coach in the league? I actually respected his decision because he wasn't too proud to admit he simply didn't have what it takes to be a HC anymore. Listen to him on Full Ride on Satellite Radio. It's obvious he just isn't the same sharp mind.

No disrespect to one of the greatest, if not the greatest Gators of all time, but the idea of him as an interim is a much worse idea than keeping Shannon, and Shannon is currently the worst HC in the SEC. Thankfully his failure stint is over.

Relax, LA. I was speaking tongue in cheek or I wouldn't have said beg. Spurrier isn't coaching again.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’m gonna get crucified for this, but Taggert was pretty good even in his first year when he had his QB.

That's a pretty persuasive argument. Bringing Leavitt with him would make it even more persuasive.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Relax, LA. I was speaking tongue in cheek or I wouldn't have said beg. Spurrier isn't coaching again.
Sorry, I'm a little uptight right now.

If I was placing a bet on who our next coach is going to be, I'd bet he coached yesterday but isn't coaching next weekend, and that's just more of the same in my mind. I really want SS to prove me wrong but I have no confidence in him at this point.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, I'm a little uptight right now.

If I was placing a bet on who our next coach is going to be, I'd bet he coached yesterday but isn't coaching next weekend, and that's just more of the same in my mind. I really want SS to prove me wrong but I have no confidence in him at this point.

You gotta admit, Kelly's an awfully tough nut to start out with. I don't peg that loss on Stricklin.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I’m gonna get crucified for this, but Taggert was pretty good even in his first year when he had his QB.
His record is his record. He's a loser coach who is currently failing as a power 5 head coach in a conference you all keep telling me is so much easier to win at than the SEC.

So he is a 6-5 coach in the Pac 12, but he will compete with Bama and Auburn for SEC championships at UF?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
You gotta admit, Kelly's an awfully tough nut to start out with. I don't peg that loss on Stricklin.
We've beaten it to death, but there is nothing wrong with going after Kelly, but the way he did it was embarrassing for the university And then today right along with the Kelly to UCLA headlines there's "UF to meet with Frost this weekend" Only to have Frost say publicly "I'm my own representative and I have no plans to meet with those losers" in so many words.

I don't know who is responsible for how this info is getting out, but we are getting publicly cuckold.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We've beaten it to death, but there is nothing wrong with going after Kelly, but the way he did it was embarrassing for the university And then today right along with the Kelly to UCLA headlines there's "UF to meet with Frost this weekend" Only to have Frost say publicly "I'm my own representative and I have no plans to meet with those losers" in so many words.

I don't know who is responsible for how this info is getting out, but we are getting publicly cuckold.

Explain how Stricklin embarrassed the university over Kelly.

Crunchtime

Sep 18, 2014
I think the comments that Kelly "took the easy way" is a bunch of loser talk.

Could not agree more. Just because he went with another school, does not mean he took the easy road. It could be he took the road that offered him more money for staff, more freedom to pick his staff, better facilities and an overall higher level of commitment to building a winning football program.

We are not the Florida everyone in these forums believes we are. We are Stanford. The UF AAU has chosen to be good at a lot of things and great at a few things where the competition is not as stiff and facilities aren’t that important. In regards to football, we have chosen to be a program that is just good enough to drive enough revenue to pay for the other sports we want to be great in a la’ basketball, baseball, and various women’s sports but we do not have the vision and commitment to be elite in football any longer.

The Florida AAU has made decision after decision to pursue trophies like the Champions Cup given to the best overall collegiate sports program which means no elite commitment to any one sport within the program. This effort requires a lot of money and commitment be redirect from football to other, less popular sports. To deny this is to refuse to see the obvious move made by foley over his tenure as AD. Remember SOS was not hired by Foley and UM was not Foley’s choice either but was a demand of Machen, the UF President.

I don’t see this move to a more diverse athletic program being reversed anytime soon and as much as we may hate butters, he was experiencing it day in and day out and probably realized that he was never going to have the facilities or commitment from the AAU to win big.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I know you already know this but one more time, we flew hat in hand with the entire team including the GD university president to him only to be rejected. He should have been offered a private jet to bring him to Florida to meet in Orlando at the poshest location they could choose. Then if things went well you fly together to G-Ville to tour the facilities. If he refuses the offer to come to Florida for the face to face you have your answer.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know you already know this but one more time, we flew hat in hand with the entire team including the GD university president to him only to be rejected. He should have been offered a private jet to bring him to Florida to meet in Orlando at the poshest location they could choose. Then if things went well you fly together to G-Ville to tour the facilities. If he refuses the offer to come to Florida for the face to face you have your answer.

And if Kelly rejects Florida because its AD refuses to fly to New Hampshire, I'm confident you're the first one to jump his ass for being lazy and laissez-faire. Stricklin was in a no-win situation dealing with the looney tune.

BTW, it was "sources" identified by ESPN that broke the news of UF's intention to interview Frost this weekend, not UF itself.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t believe there was ever an “agreement.” I believe Chip expressed interest, and that’s about it. But your post stated that soon we’ll get the “inside” story on what really happened. I don’t believe we’ll ever get the true inside story, and any supposed inside story that we do hear I will be skeptical of anyway.
You know damn well the excuse train will be running full force. They'll tell us all these crazy demands and etc and how we're better off with taggart. I can't wait!

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
And if Kelly rejects Florida because its AD refuses to fly to New Hampshire, I'm confident you're the first one to jump his ass for being lazy and laissez-faire. Stricklin was in a no-win situation dealing with the looney tune.

BTW, it was "sources" identified by ESPN that broke the news of UF's intention to interview Frost this weekend, not UF itself.
Completely wrong. If he was interested in the job he would want to come to Florida, you know like he flew to California. SS screwed the pooch but no one will change your mind so keep sticking with your straw man argument that he was in a no-win situation.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Completely wrong. If he was interested in the job he would want to come to Florida, you know like he flew to California. SS screwed the pooch but no one will change your mind so keep sticking with your straw man argument that he was in a no-win situation.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding, but it looks like you just contradicted yourself.

Edit: while supporting 78’s argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator