Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
The information I gave you guys was 100% genuine, straight from the mouth of someone in the UAA. The fact that they were hoping to announce Kelly today is 100% true. Assuming it doesn't happen, then the contract situation is still being worked out.

We are running out of time for recruiting purposes and Stricklin damn well knows every day counts.

The last time we had an AD allude to recruiting and hiring a coach in time, we ended up with Zook. I just hope that pile of :kiffin: is no where near the place and has had zero input in this endeavor. The only people who should be involved over there are Stricknine and the biggest donors!!!!!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I already said I believe Kelly is our guy, but that was broken AFTER your guy said he WASN'T our guy. So no, I'm not just hung up on press conference times, I'm hung up on the majority of the bullsh*t we've been fed all week being completely wrong.
If it really bothers you that bad, why spend your entire day on a fan message board reading and complaining about the rumors?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty sure football won three national championships while he was AD (although one was SOS, whom he didn't hire). And basketball won two. And softball won a couple. And the baseball coach he hired just snagged one. I could keep listing the wins off if you'd like, but I know all I'd get back is "durrrrr but football is the only sport that matters herpderp."

Did he or did he not let the football program get into utterly poor shape? Did that happen on his watch?

Turn your time machine to 2017 please and thank you.

52:20

Nov 12, 2017
Foley did visit Bob Stoops and Mike Shanahan before he went with the Zooker. Those two dweebs used Foley to get more money at their jobs.
Kelly could be slow playing as well. He could end up here in the end, but his agent wouldn’t be doing his job if he wasn’t entertaining other schools to get the best contract available.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I already said I believe Kelly is our guy, but that was broken AFTER your guy said he WASN'T our guy. So no, I'm not just hung up on press conference times, I'm hung up on the majority of the bullsh*t we've been fed all week being completely wrong.
We go through this every few years. :lol:

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
From reddit:

essentially both sides have come to an agreement, but Kelly wants control over "football operations," which some UAA members aren't okay with. Stricklin is good with it, though.
This makes sense if CK wants to bring in Tom Gamble (as rumored in an earlier post).

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
To me the rumors are fun and entertaining. Some turn out true, some are BS, but people enjoy them which is why there are millions of Gator fans on message boards right now.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty sure football won three national championships while he was AD (although one was SOS, whom he didn't hire). And basketball won two. And softball won a couple. And the baseball coach he hired just snagged one. I could keep listing the wins off if you'd like, but I know all I'd get back is "durrrrr but football is the only sport that matters herpderp."

We are talking about football and facilities. Spurrier's Natty has nothing to do with Fooley. Fooley gets credit for Urban and 2 Nattys, but that is also debatable due to Machen's involvement with the Urban hire.

Zook, Chump, and Butters is all on Fooley. The current sad pathetic state of our football program and facilities is all on Fooley.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
To me the rumors are fun and entertaining. Some turn out true, some are BS, but people enjoy them which is why there are millions of Gator fans on message boards right now.

That's why I keep checking in. But am beginning to get rumor fatigue.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
I don't doubt Chip Kelly is the guy, but all the other random idiotic sh*t that's been repeated from "sources" is comical. That plus the fact that we were supposed to watch the basketball game for "something big" on Tuesday night, nothing happened. Then there was a PC set for yesterday at 11, nothing happened. Then the announcement was today, and nothing has happened. Like I said, change the thread title to "Chip Kelly to be Announced TOMORROW" and leave it that way so it'll finally be right at some point.
I heard something big is gonna be announced during the third commercial break during "MacGuyver" tonight.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, quit with the dislikes.. People don't like them and only hand them out on rare incidents.
I'm surprised you are not getting more dislikes.

Hey everyone, GMD likes dislikes!

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I just want to spank your little tushy.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Can we get back to Chip Kelly watch?

tenor.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

He's not BSing on the source. He shared it with me. It's legitimately, if not directly, connected to the UAA, which makes it very difficult to refute.

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
I just listened to Doofey's podcast with special guest James Bates....and he said EXACTLY word for word what I have been saying all along, his number one choice is Charlie Strong. Bates goes on to say that he has been a CEO before, knows Florida and especially SoFla in recruiting and that he is "one of us" and gets Gator Nation. I am in the waayyyy minority here but I have said all along, Charlie is my number one candidate. I think Kelly would be a good hire. Frost also a good hire. Strong will bring a Gator culture back to the program that neither of them I believe will bring....IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.