Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's so nice we are able to draw so many females to this board.

Ox, your diversity program is amazing. You need to start selling it to the fortune 100. They pay real well for results like this.

KeyWestGator

Fighting Conchs!
Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2016
Oregon's state of the art facility is 142,000 square feet built in 2013 at a cost of $68 M. It was 8 years in the planning. In case you haven't seen the facility, it is nice. Just what an 18 yo kid from the muck deserves. Here's the link.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...all-facility-hatfield-dowlin-complex/2606223/

Still have to build a new baseball stadium and move parking and perform a million other incidentals.
I'm guessing CK's contract has to be at least 5 years at 30 million with a menu of incentives, his coaching and support staff could be another 25. I imagine the total cost would exceed 150 million. There are a lot of moving parts to this and I can guarantee that the facilities can't be designed and built as quickly as you think. This is larger than the AD's paygrade.

I really hope that we invest the capital that we have been saving by going cheap for the past decade. UF needs a home run hire, similar to what the University of Michigan did to get Harbaugh. I also wonder if the potential tax cuts will impact our athletic department after reading interesting ESPN article http://www.espn.com/college-sports/...ege-administrators-worry-funding-new-tax-plan

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
This needs to get done. I'm tired of having to read thru 12 pages of a single thread when I wake up. I should be using that time to "pay attention" to my new bride.

She wholeheartedly concurs.

MrMyjestic

Oct 6, 2017
Just win baby. Kelly will bring us credibility and the recruitment will follow. We need to upgrade our football facilities to complete with other top notch programs. Please keep Foley out of it!

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
This needs to get done. I'm tired of having to read thru 12 pages of a single thread when I wake up. I should be using that time to "pay attention" to my new bride.

At least she understands her place lol

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I really hope that we invest the capital that we have been saving by going cheap for the past decade. UF needs a home run hire, similar to what the University of Michigan did to get Harbaugh. I also wonder if the potential tax cuts will impact our athletic department after reading interesting ESPN article http://www.espn.com/college-sports/...ege-administrators-worry-funding-new-tax-plan

I wonder what "capital" you are talking about. As I understand it we have debt and an appropriate cap on our debt (100M). So I don't see any capital being saved, just being reasonable in debt. Now if you can raise a couple of 100 millions then we might have some capital to spend.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Just win baby. Kelly will bring us credibility and the recruitment will follow. We need to upgrade our football facilities to complete with other top notch programs. Please keep Foley out of it!

But by my understanding he is to be a consultant on many issues, including this one. Note you listen to consultants, they don't control what you do.

And no it is not "just win baby", we don't do that at UF.

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
I’m not claiming my info is correct. But I just talked to my friend (who is in Gainesville this weekend) and he told me that the owner of nappys told him that the HBC told him it was not Kelly. (Did you get all that). He said it’s Mullen

And that makes me want to cry

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I’m not claiming my info is correct. But I just talked to my friend (who is in Gainesville this weekend) and he told me that the owner of nappys told him that the HBC told him it was not Kelly. (Did you get all that). He said it’s Mullen

And that makes me want to cry

I think its funny. Mullen isnt the target.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Well he is claiming that this Chip Kelly news is just a smokescreen to save Mullen from dealing with news and questions about him and the Florida job.
If they used Chip Kelly as a smoke screen for Dan Mullen we need to storm the Bastille.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014

Mine use lived to set up elaborate SEC and NC parties for me and Foley turned her into a lazy bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.