Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
My friend, you are wrong. Period. My source doesn't have to feel important - he IS important. I don't give a crap if you believe it or not, but it's the truth.

Sources are only as good as the information they get. I'm debating whether or not to sell my company. My operations manager wold be the highest "source" in my business. He gets asked what my plans are but he can only guess because I haven't told him. So he's just going on what he thinks is happening. (and sometimes I mislead him). That's the same with all sources. They see things going on and come to a conclusion. I'm meeting tonight with buyers, I've reached a decision however they may tell something that changes my mind. So in reality I don't even know what's going to happen until it happens.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The sentiment is their offense is very Adazzio-esqu with the run up the gut over and over then punt. They were a 21 point fave last night and needed the last drive to win
They're winning games by an average score of 38-20 this season. They just got a coach who's been coaching major college football for longer than they've been an actual program and he's in his first season. They should know their place.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Zanso

Nov 14, 2017
Whatever they're doing, it's working. USF is ranked 13th nationally in total offense, two spots higher than the team directed by the boy wonder we consider our #2. And their sked is tougher.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total

Total yards....when they've played one more game than UCF. Sort by yards a game and UCF is 5th South Florida is 13th. They're definitely good on offense but the stat you provided is misleading.

edit in the stat that matters most (PPG): UCF 1st at 48.6 while USF is 15th at 37.9. That's a pretty insane difference.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Total yards....when they've played one more game than UCF. Sort by yards a game and UCF is 5th South Florida is 13th. They're definitely good on offense but the stat you provided is misleading.

13th on a per game basis, too, isn't exactly shabby. Or is it?

Crunchtime

Sep 18, 2014
I wish I could say more, but I can't. I'm going to bite my tongue.

I want Chip Kelly for several reasons BUT one of them has quickly become a CYA for you. Brother, if it is ANYONE other than CK...it is going that be really rough for you moving forward from a credibility perspective. I don’t post much but damn...I am sweating for you more than UF at this point.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Ok.

Thomas Goldkamp and 247 in general are incredibly cautious with saying anything ever without going through sources, and then going through their sources, and then background checking them with full SS number look ups and background checks. They don’t mess around with dropping info.

I won’t quote anything because I respect them, but even they say UF wants this contract thing over soon, today hopefully, to announce. I believe them. So patience should be required my friends. Whether it’s today, Sunday, Monday. It’s happening. Chip Kelly is our next head coach unless we totally screw up.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
This man speaks the truth. Love Charlie, but that ship has sailed.

Absolutely agree. Charlie is right where he needs to be, similar to him at Louisville coaching where he can get some decent players, then get some malcontent transfers who were highly regarded and you have the makings of some very good seasons. But Charlie as a HC at UF, no thank you. Our program is beneath the SHYTTER and we do not need just a HC, we need a LEADER. The AD we had was weak as a football leader and it shows and many of you know it. We do not have the time to wait to see if Stricknine is a leader or not, so the HC must be a complete, hands on, ATTENTION TO DETAILS LEADER!! Charlie is NOT that. Though he has had success, Charlie's teams are not always fundamentally sound and his teams have been heavily penalized at times. In fact I think USF is last in penalties in their conference this year, many they avg. the most per game. We can't afford any BS. We need a guy who will start with how to put your Jockstrap on. We can't afford any missteps. This guy must be close to a dictator especially early on.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I want Chip Kelly for several reasons BUT one of them has quickly become a CYA for you. Brother, if it is ANYONE other than CK...it is going that be really rough for you moving forward from a credibility perspective. I don’t post much but damn...I am sweating for you more than UF at this point.
Me? I'm not a journalist, I own a message board. Every damn paid Gator journalist has said its Chip Kelly.

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
Like Dooley is in the know. He gets all his info from Gator Chatter.

Dude, I was quoting BATES not DOOFLEY...reading comprehension obviously not a strength. Are you sure you are a Gator Grad, which is ranked in the top 10 in the country for public schools. Oh wait, that is me being a homer and actually being proud of my Gator roots and would like to see someone who has Gator pride be our next head coach, not just a gun for hire...

Yes, I might be a homer and actually like, GASP, someone with longtime ties to the Gator program. Yes, I agree with Bates on someone who knows what it is like being a Gator and embraces being a Gator. Yes, I agree with Bates on someone who can recruit the **** out of Florida, especially Miami. Yes, I agree with a Gator who was won FOUR SEC championships and won a NC. GASP!!!! YES, I agree with a Gator GREAT...where are the tiki torches??!!????

So, I get four dislikes because I agreed with one of the BEST Gators of all time (Bates)....wow, just wow.

I now see your reasoning for four dislikes.....YIKES.

52:20

Nov 12, 2017
There is enough “details” about negations in all of these rumors that gives coverage for it not happening.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Absolutely agree. Charlie is right where he needs to be, similar to him at Louisville coaching where he can get some decent players, then get some malcontent transfers who were highly regarded and you have the makings of some very good seasons. But Charlie as a HC at UF, no thank you. Our program is beneath the SHYTTER and we do not need just a HC, we need a LEADER. The AD we had was weak as a football leader and it shows and many of you know it. We do not have the time to wait to see if Stricknine is a leader or not, so the HC must be a complete, hands on, ATTENTION TO DETAILS LEADER!! Charlie is NOT that. Though he has had success, Charlie's teams are not always fundamentally sound and his teams have been heavily penalized at times. In fact I think USF is last in penalties in their conference this year, many they avg. the most per game. We can't afford any BS. We need a guy who will start with how to put your Jockstrap on. We can't afford any missteps. This guy must be close to a dictator especially early on.

People can make all the excuses for Charlie they want, but the guy failed miserably here at Texas. Texas is a top 5 job, just like UF. His offense and team did not improve. He lost to KANSAS!!! That is like losing to Kentucky and Vandy for us. I don't care what he did at USF and Louisville... if you can't show improvement and success at Texas in the Big 12... you are not worthy of the UF job.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Surely you guys weren't expecting Stricklin to call saying, hey, Chip, wanna job? Oh yeah, Scott, can we do this standing?

Big-time hires require big-time patience.

I was ebbing on this whole thing this morning before Ox gave me the gospel. I'm all in now.

AvgJoe

Nov 14, 2017
Ok.

Thomas Goldkamp and 247 in general are incredibly cautious with saying anything ever without going through sources, and then going through their sources, and then background checking them with full SS number look ups and background checks. They don’t mess around with dropping info.

I won’t quote anything because I respect them, but even they say UF wants this contract thing over soon, today hopefully, to announce. I believe them. So patience should be required my friends. Whether it’s today, Sunday, Monday. It’s happening. Chip Kelly is our next head coach unless we totally screw up.

It would be nice that it happens today....I would really enjoy watching the Gameday coverage tomorrow to see how they spin it.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
Surely you guys weren't expecting Stricklin to call saying, hey, Chip, wanna job? Oh yeah, Scott, can we do this standing?

Big-time hires require big-time patience.

I was ebbing on this whole thing this morning before Ox infused me with the gospel. I'm all in now.

Hmm .... your oxbucks pile got bigger ... coincidence? Sell out.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Me? I'm not a journalist, I own a message board. Every damn paid Gator journalist has said its Chip Kelly.

Which is why there is nothing special about your source saying it will be him. So unless something specific your source gave you is true.... which we have yet to see... you may want to consider he is not as good of a source as you think he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.