Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
How does one go about obtaining a source?
I obviously do not own a gator message board, no ties to the UAA, dont have mega bucks to donate to an already rich school and live outside of Gainesville.
Shouldn't my UF Alumni Association get me something?

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
People can make all the excuses for Charlie they want, but the guy failed miserably here at Texas. Texas is a top 5 job, just like UF. His offense and team did not improve. He lost to KANSAS!!! That is like losing to Kentucky and Vandy for us. I don't care what he did at USF and Louisville... if you can't show improvement and success at Texas in the Big 12... you are not worthy of the UF job.

At least he didn't CHEAT and get a show cause for cheating...and don't give me this BS, well, it wasn't him that was doing the cheating and paying a recruiting service. I guess he is the Jeff Sessions of football...I don't recall authorizing the money to pay the recruiting service...just like Pitino wasn't the one providing whores for the recruits...he is ultimately responsible. Kelly was ultimately responsible and if it weren't so EGREGIOUS, he would not have gotten an 18-month show cause. If it were a minor thing, he would have gotten a slap on the wrist. But the NCAA OBVIOUSLY thought it was a big enough deal to slap show cause....get your f-ing head of the sand. Wow.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How does one go about obtaining a source?
I obviously do not own a gator message board, no ties to the UAA, dont have mega bucks to donate to an already rich school and live outside of Gainesville.
Shouldn't my UF Alumni Association get me something?

1. You write a post that says "source"
2. Follow-up the word "source" with some "new" information about a major topic

52:20

Nov 12, 2017
Getting this from another board, I cannot attest to its authenticity but apparently Jonathan Vilma said Kelly to Florida on the Ryan russillo show

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
At least he didn't CHEAT and get a show cause for cheating...and don't give me this BS, well, it wasn't him that was doing the cheating and paying a recruiting service. I guess he is the Jeff Sessions of football...I don't recall authorizing the money to pay the recruiting service...just like Pitino wasn't the one providing whores for the recruits...he is ultimately responsible. Kelly was ultimately responsible and if it weren't so EGREGIOUS, he would not have gotten an 18-month show cause. If it were a minor thing, he would have gotten a slap on the wrist. But the NCAA OBVIOUSLY thought it was a big enough deal to slap show cause....get your f-ing head of the sand. Wow.

Your right... because Chip Kelly got a show cause (the school got minimal violations) we should hire somebody who has shown he can't succeed.

Oh.. and while it is always the guy at tops responsibility... if you think it is possible to know everything everybody is doing... you have never managed people.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
1. You write a post that says "source"
2. Follow-up the word "source" with some "new" information about a major topic

Now that i have one let me try................

NEW BREAKING NEWS FROM MY SOURCE ------- My source is gatorchatter and we want to stop being bottom feeders of the college football world...... You heard it here first.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If we had a 13 ranked offense the last 7 years we would have won at least one natty

:what:

Chump & Mac will never win a title. So your hypothetical makes zero sense. None.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017

giphy.gif

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
Ok.

Thomas Goldkamp and 247 in general are incredibly cautious with saying anything ever without going through sources, and then going through their sources, and then background checking them with full SS number look ups and background checks. They don’t mess around with dropping info.

I won’t quote anything because I respect them, but even they say UF wants this contract thing over soon, today hopefully, to announce. I believe them. So patience should be required my friends. Whether it’s today, Sunday, Monday. It’s happening. Chip Kelly is our next head coach unless we totally screw up.

:mac:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I no longer want Kelly. Enough is enough. I'm switching sides and joining the arrogant contingent. I think SS should agree to everything and then, just before signing, tear the contract up saying"We're UF and we don't need to sign a fat a$$ed NFL failure."
With the facilities we could probably sign a coach like Frost whose best days are ahead of him.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
If it turns out to be Kelly, and happens in the near future, I would say his source was rock solid. Nobody can pick the timing on a winner, not the stock market, not real estate, and certainly not in contract negotiations.

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
Your right... because Chip Kelly got a show cause (the school got minimal violations) we should hire somebody who has shown he can't succeed.

Oh.. and while it is always the guy at tops responsibility... if you think it is possible to know everything everybody is doing... you have never managed people.

Laughable that I haven't managed anyone (try over 25 years in hotel management) ....You are 100% correct, that there is no way to know what every one of my direct reports is doing at all times....but I am 100% responsible for creating a culture of integrity and hiring ethical people, people who understand their actions are a reflection on me and our company. And I am also 100% responsible for holding them accountable. Just because you delegate doesn't absolve you from what decisions a direct report makes. You delegate because you have created an environment of trust and empowerment. The CEO is responsible for the culture (see Uber as an epic fail)...and as we have seen with Pitino and Mac and to a degree Kelly that culture was seriously broken where the message of accountability was obviously not strong enough.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015

Let me get this straight, you seriously would rather have Charlie Fcking Strong over Chip Kelly? If you honestly believe Strong would win more here than Kelly than there's no help for you. I don't care if we had video of Kelly giving a recruit bags of money, I'd still prefer him over Strong. You know why? Because he wins, Strong is Muschamp part 2. Except Muschamp can pronounce "strength" and "ask".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.