You might want to change the thread title to:

SOURCE: Chip Kelly to be announced SOMEDAY, TO SOMEWHERE, OR NOT AT ALL

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is beginning to worry me. I hope this isn’t like the last search. If you guys can remember, there was a lot of buzz about Bob Stoops only for that to die down and before we knew it, we were staring at McElwain’s face smiling awkwardly in a press conference.

Anybody other than Chip is a massive disappointment at this point. Get it done, Stricklin!

52:20

Nov 12, 2017
Found this on r/floridagators (reddit), not sure if true.

Frank Frangie on his show: "People out of the Kelly camp are saying that he really wants this job bad, as bad as he wanted the Philadelphia job”.

Rumblings seem to be that this is as sure of a thing as you can get, but nobody is sure on the timeline. Some think it could be at any moment, others seem to believe it's purposefully be pushed until the end of the year. The UAA seems to have a ton of respect for Shannon, could just be because of that.
Whoever says they'll push it to the end of the year is insane. If it's Kelly, they announce immediately.

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
This is beginning to worry me. I hope this isn’t like the last search. If you guys can remember, there was a lot of buzz about Bob Stoops only for that to die down and before we knew it, we were staring at McElwain’s face smiling awkwardly in a press conference.

Anybody other than Chip is a massive disappointment at this point. Get it done, Stricklin!
There's only so much of the narrative that Stricklin can control.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't blame Chip a damn bit for not trusting our athletic department. They have a history of being absolute liars who laugh as say "sucker" the second the HC signs.

No one in the world thinks that McElstain wanted to go out and hire a bunch of shyt coaches from FAU, FIU, EKU, NTx and USF.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, I think hiring ****ty coaches is common place.

Which AD (who has made several hires) has not made 3 ****ty hires of football coaches? What percentage is this?
I can't think of any major power HC who gets beyond one shytty hire.

Horseteeth Fooley is a bit like Pussmeier. There just aren't any other people who have failed as many times (and catestrophically) as those guys and managed to remain employed.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
If Chip wants this job so badly it would have already been done. He could easily accept say 2.5M for just coaching the team and get others to do the communications portions. It would be different but very possible to do. Going to alumni meetings SOS does most of them. Weekly type shows, the OC and DC take turns, same with the other media type duties. Perhaps these types of things are the hold up as well as say recruiting, and monitoring players.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
We're playing New Hampshire in basketball on Sunday right? Isn't that Chip Kelly's alma mater? Could they be waiting to announce it then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb