Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
247Sports has now also now picked up the tweet from @LarsAnderson claiming a deal between Frost and Neb is looming.

Wonder what the timeline here is. Did we go after Kelly because it became clear where Frost really wanted to go, or did Nebraska leap at an opportunity created when we shifted all our focus to Kelly and away from Frost?

Ugh.

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
Well of course

Didn’t mean for all the fingers.....my bad

Jaguar45

Nov 16, 2017
7C514735-9392-4D95-BF08-5A7A3020DCBF.gif
247Sports has now also now picked up the tweet from @LarsAnderson claiming a deal between Frost and Neb is looming.

Wonder what the timeline here is. Did we go after Kelly because it became clear where Frost really wanted to go, or did Nebraska leap at an opportunity created when we shifted all our focus to Kelly and away from Frost?

Ugh.

Jaguar45

Nov 16, 2017
I’m not even sure how it’s legal for Nebraska and Scott Frost to be in contract talks with his season on going. I’m sure someone here can spin us all up on the legalities of it all, but regardless, Florida did the “right” thing by not pursuing him openly as Nebraska has done... When they have an active coach no less, too. Classy program they got there in Lincoln...

21Jump

Nov 5, 2017
I’m not even sure how it’s legal for Nebraska and Scott Frost to be in contract talks with his season on going. I’m sure someone here can spin us all up on the legalities of it all, but regardless, Florida did the “right” thing by not pursuing him openly as Nebraska has done... When they have an active coach no less, too. Classy program they got there in Lincoln...

I am sure SS was making calls before we axed MacElstain

Mim Jacelwain

Oct 30, 2017
Guys, it's been like this for 10 years, what did you expect, this is Gator football now, except it. Then dollar tree is having a sell on toilet paper tomorrow, I will check and see if their is a Willie Martinez or a Tyrone Willingham available.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Well we'll probably end up with our 4th choice, so if it comes down to Taggart vs Strong, who do we take and why? Serious question

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I'd like us to take a run at that Norvell guy, since it seems like we ain't getting Kelly or Frost. Think his offense would fit Corral nicely, and he's suppose to be a good recruiter.

21Jump

Nov 5, 2017
Feeling its Kelly and the delay is the assistants that still are coaching. I just heard that Jerry Azzinaro has been offered from a reliable west coast Gator. I know sketchy but would explain the Kelly delay. Lets hold our loads and I bet we have an announcement before FSU.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I would take Taggert or Kiffin over Chip Kelly. Kelly is going to leave in a few years. We will have to fight the rumors every December that he will bolt to the NFL.

Taggert and Kiffin will stay as long as they win.

I sure hope you don't have any say in it.:suicide:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well we'll probably end up with our 4th choice, so if it comes down to Taggart vs Strong, who do we take and why? Serious question
Taggart. Atleast he's an offensive guy.

Mim Jacelwain

Oct 30, 2017
Feeling its Kelly and the delay is the assistants that still are coaching. I just heard that Jerry Azzinaro has been offered from a reliable west coast Gator. I know sketchy but would explain the Kelly delay. Lets hold our loads and I bet we have an announcement before FSU.
Why not go ahead and name Kelly the coach, and name assistants after the season then?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

Don't want to wait that long

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
This is my new mantra until our coach is named. I think it appropriate for current circumstances. This Cheer will be adapted stadium-wide by hundreds of fans tomorrow. It will become permanent should Eddie Mullen be named HBC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.