Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
"Sources in my head" - Frost was first pick but after he indicated his preference for Nebraska talks with Kelly began. An agreement in principle was reached quickly. Kelly had demands and based on our past history wants everything in writing. Kelly is tight with Meyer so he got pretty good intel on the state of facilities. Also Kelly had the best of the best at Oregon and wants the same. Some of those things are difficult to promise - like finishing football all-in-one by fall 2019. And it takes time to vet assistants. But details are slowly being worked out. There still could be a gotcha that kills the deal but so far we are moving forward.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I’m not even sure how it’s legal for Nebraska and Scott Frost to be in contract talks with his season on going. I’m sure someone here can spin us all up on the legalities of it all, but regardless, Florida did the “right” thing by not pursuing him openly as Nebraska has done... When they have an active coach no less, too. Classy program they got there in Lincoln...
Hey, they're way more desperate than we are.... last time they were relevant, they trucked us in the 95 Championship. They hungry and rich.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Well we'll probably end up with our 4th choice, so if it comes down to Taggart vs Strong, who do we take and why? Serious question

Pretty obvious that we’d bring back a well rested Mac and that point.

“Look...sometimes...I mean, being fifth choice...it’s how we respond, right...and yetuhhhh...itn’t that what life’s all about..”

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
"Sources in my head" - Frost was first pick but after he indicated his preference for Nebraska talks with Kelly began. An agreement in principle was reached quickly. Kelly had demands and based on our past history wants everything in writing. Kelly is tight with Meyer so he got pretty good intel on the state of facilities. Also Kelly had the best of the best at Oregon and wants the same. Some of those things are difficult to promise - like finishing football all-in-one by fall 2019. And it takes time to vet assistants. But details are slowly being worked out. There still could be a gotcha that kills the deal but so far we are moving forward.

Must be moving at a snails pace, but as long as they're moving forward that's all that matters.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Frost was never interested from what I heard. UF started looking at Kelly pretty quickly. I do believe they will get this done, but every day it doesn’t happen it get more nervous that it won’t.

gat0rjay

Sep 7, 2014
Hey, they're way more desperate than we are.... last time they were relevant, they trucked us in the 95 Championship. They hungry and rich.
Well, technically, I believe the last time they were relevant was in 2001 when they got trucked by Miami with their sham-of-a-Heisman Crouch - in a game we probably should have been playing in if not for other circumstances.

21Jump

Nov 5, 2017
I dont think we recover from another “shyt ourselves” hire. Times are way different since Meyer bolted. The baller mentality with me now attitudes make this a must hit. The recruiting dynamics in Fla have leveled. Our storage of “cache” has been depleted.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Maybe it's the history as a lurker going back to gsmb, or maybe it's my desire to want it to be true, or maybe Ox just doesn't come across as a liar. Whatever the reason, I believe him. Let's announce Chip at halftime!

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Well, technically, I believe the last time they were relevant was in 2001 when they got trucked by Miami with their sham-of-a-Heisman Crouch - in a game we probably should have been playing in if not for other circumstances.
Yeah, sorry, I kind of blackout a little when it comes to remembering that 95 game. I think I have PTSD.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Frost was never interested from what I heard.
That's the exact opposite of what I heard. He was very interested but his price is too steep. He will command (and get) proven coach money.

21Jump

Nov 5, 2017
I really believe Kelly is ironing EVERYTHING out with the admin so he can come in with 100% focus and command to jump start and straighten out our train wreck. So yes details matter this time given our history.

Mim Jacelwain

Oct 30, 2017
Guys we are all betting bent outta shape because a guy said ' "could fall through". He even goes on and says " the deal is by no means dead and could still happen". And as far as ESPN turds picking Mullen to Florida, Hell they might have felt wired about picking Kelly being they work with him. Just a though before we all go crazy and drink bleach or something.

21Jump

Nov 5, 2017
Forget Frost, for all we know he is a “one hit wonder”. Let him go hump some cornhuskers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb