Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

21Jump

Nov 5, 2017
Same here TMatrix. If not Kelly then might as well go get Lou Holtz cause we are f[]cked.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Maybe it's the history as a lurker going back to gsmb, or maybe it's my desire to want it to be true, or maybe Ox just doesn't come across as a liar. Whatever the reason, I believe him. Let's announce Chip at halftime!

That'll give what little crowd we have at the game something to finally cheer about, being we'll be down by two TD's .

gat0rjay

Sep 7, 2014
Well, hey, I’m just here enjoying the ride of it all. Idk who the hell I can get behind if it’s not Kelly... I will really be a sad ass panda if this deal doesn’t go through.
Yeah, if this doesn't go through I think the majority of us will be headed off to the island of misfit mascots.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
If it doesn't happen, I just won't bother spending every Saturday watching games. This season has been torture enough. I can't handle another season of ineptitude of the highest degree.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Must be moving at a snails pace, but as long as they're moving forward that's all that matters.

Oftentimes negotiations take awhile. It's not surprising that this is taking a few days to sort out since apparently some of Kelly's demands require Board of Trustees' approval. Administrators, lawyers, and agents are involved, and the more people you have in the discussions, the longer it takes to make decisions. The only valid reason why people are getting nervous is because it's been 12 years and 3 coaches ago since the university got this right.

Jaguar45

Nov 16, 2017
Yeah, if this doesn't go through I think the majority of us will be headed off to the island of misfit mascots.
I mean, don’t get me wrong I’m a Gator through and through so no matter what guy they bring in I’ll give him a fair shot...... But I ain’t going streaking in the streets over him and knocking on my Noles neighbors doors at 2 in the morning yelling his name at them, like I had intended and still intend on doing if it’s Kelly.

21Jump

Nov 5, 2017
I just took another shot and talked myself into giving it until next Friday. Drunken rationale. If we don’t know by then all bets are off.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t have any sourcery to throw your all’s way.
I believe one's subconscious is at work in creative spelling slips. Fine word you've made there Jag45.
Let me be the first to apply it in a GatChat sentence: If we miss on Kelly, GatChatters will conjour up all types of sourcery in their vitupretive posts.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
We better get Kelly and not settle for a guy like Mullen. He is a get me by coach but nothing more.

I dread the idea that we have come this. But if we're following UGA's path of misery, they had Goff and Donnan come in and crap the bed after their one natty winning coach retired. the 90's was an utterly lost decade for them and not just because of SOS. then they get their third coach in the sequence with Richt - the get-me-by guy. He had 9 and 10 win seasons, won the SEC once and got to the championship and lost it a couple times, but UGA never sniffed the big prizes during Richt's tenure. UF or someone else exposed them time and again.

Is Mullen our Richt? the guy who we'll 'bide with until we really want to win .....

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Im not advocating kiffy over Chip..... but if Kelly is a fail to fire then get kiffy. He's as arrogant and cocky as our beloved SOS was at a young age- minus the heisman of course.

Plus he's wired into these kids culture.
I know I'm pissing up a rope and it will never happen with UFs AAU. But that's what we need- brash, bold, confident and connected to today's culture
When I read something like this I can't help but wonder what percentage of new members are actually Ox

21Jump

Nov 5, 2017
If its not done by FSU im staying home because thats all everyone will be talking about.
Sip beer
So whose it going to be?
Sip beer
Better be Kelly
Sip beer
Nah its Mullin
Sip beer
Bring back Spurrier
Sip beer
F()ck FSU
Sip beer
Its going to be Kelly man